You are a business development manager in a life sciences organization based in the Midwest. You report to the vice president (VP) of business development. While the organization has shown constant growth and profitability since its inception in 1999, the owners have decided that it is time to sell. The VP has called on you to join the strategic planning team to assess the organizations exit strategy and make recommendations to the board of directors.
The proposed exit strategy means that the organization will be acquired by another one, which will be a major transformation for the organization and its employees. In order to support the employees through the upcoming acquisition, the planning team wants to understand how they are likely to respond to organizational change. To that end, they decide to ask employees to complete a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis of their skills as they relate to change readiness. As a member of the planning team, you are one of the first people asked to complete a SWOT analysis and evaluate your change readiness.
First, reflect on your own strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) and how they help you accept or resist change. Then, perform a personal SWOT analysis and record the results in a Word document. Describe how you think this analysis impacts your change readiness skills to manage and lead the organizational change in the course scenario.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
Strengths: Identify at least two strengths that support your readiness for change.
Explain how they support your readiness for change.
Weaknesses: Identify at least two weaknesses that might get in the way of change.
Explain how they can impact your response to change.
Opportunities: Identify at least two opportunities you can use to leverage your strengths.
Explain how you can use these opportunities to develop your skills.
Threats: Identify at least two threats that you would like to minimize.
Explain how you can minimize these threats and how this will help you develop your skills.
Change Readiness: Explain what your SWOT analysis reveals regarding your change readiness for the proposed acquisition of the organization in the course scenario.
Are you ready to accept organizational change that is likely to arise from the proposed acquisition?
Are you ready to initiate and lead the change efforts for the organization in the scenario? Why or why not?
Guidelines for Submission
Submit a 1- to 2-page Word document. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.