1. Create an experiment design based on the principles discussed in tutorials to statistically show that the presence of chromium or lead in the soil reduces the rate of production of fruit in strawberry plant.
Your design should include sufficient replicates to yield a statistically significant result at 95% confidence level and 95% power.
Initial tests showed
A. a variance in the measurement of yield of 3.1 g of fruit per day.
B. presence of chromium reduced the yield of fruit of 3.0 g of fruit per day.
C. presence of lead reduced the yield of fruit of 2.4 g of fruit per day.
Your experiment design should cover what is your experimental units and observational units. You have an unlimited supply of experimental material which are the strawberry plants.
Your answer should discuss your design and how and why you made your decisions.
2. Create a sampling design to measure the fat content of muffins that are coming off a production line.
Your supervisor wants the daily average of fat content of the muffins in particular if there is any variation from day to day in the daily average during the week. Also a more detailed profile of the variation in fat content during the day (per 4 hours) is also required.
Your supervisor requires a precision of +/- 3.5 g at a confidence level of 95%. The standard deviation of a measurement is 4.1 g.
Your supervisor has allocated $150 per week with the cost of a single measurement of fat being $10.
Describe how you would take sample muffins off the production line, at what times, what days, and how many. Also discuss whether you would use only grab sampling or some composite sampling.
Your answer should discuss your decisions.
3. The local wetlands are an important fauna and flora reserve. Lately, the wetlands are being overrun by weeds and other invasive plant species. The wetlands are surrounded by a variety of land uses. An industrial estate borders the north-east corner of the wetlands through which a canal runs that empties into the wetlands. A natural park is located on the north-western corner through which a stream flows and enters the wetlands. Open field farmland, upon which animals are grazing, borders the western side of the wetlands. Finally, a housing estate is on the eastern side of the wetlands. A storm water drain empties into the wetlands from this estate. The wetlands flow further downstream from a creek locates in the south-western corner.
An environmentalist has proposed the invasion of the foreign plant species may be due to contaminants and an analyst has been employed to investigate.
A map of the wetlands and surrounds is shown below.
The analyst has to take water samples in six (6) different locations, each sample containing water and sediment, for analysis of contamination.
Copy the above map into your answer and indicate the six (6) positions you would sample, labelling them 1 – 6. For each position, explain your reasons for its position and what potential information may be obtained.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.