Internal controls are methods and strategies used to keep information and inventory safe from theft and to easily tell if something is compromised or missing. In this assignment, you will recommend internal controls for safeguarding inventory from an accounting perspective and explain which financial statements are affected by missing inventory.
One of your friends has opened a new wholesale electronics business and wants your help figuring out some inventory issues they are facing.
One night last week, there seemed to be fewer HD televisions in the warehouse than they expected. The last time they were in the warehouse was a week earlier, and they hadn’t noticed anything amiss.
As they looked around, they saw that the evening warehouse worker was filling the last orders of the day. The delivery driver and day warehouse worker were gone for the day, and the delivery van keys were on the desk that the warehouse workers shared. The doors to the loading dock were open, as was the door to the office area where the accountant, two customer service specialists, and the owner worked.
Knowing that you are familiar with accounting principles, they asked for your help in figuring out how to prevent this in the future.
Based on what you have learned about internal controls, provide recommendations on what controls the business owner should put in place to prevent loss of inventory and ensure that any losses are reported immediately. Also, specify which parts of the financial statements are affected by these losses.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Role of Internal Controls
Explain the role of internal controls in business settings. Also explain how not having internal controls in place may impact the accurate analysis of any wrongdoing.
- Recommend at least two internal controls that should be put in place to prevent inventory from going “missing,” noting any assumptions you are making about the root cause of the missing products and how your recommendations will help address them.
- Recommend at least one control that should be put in place to alert the owner if something is actually missing.
- Financial Statements
If you found that two $400 HD televisions were missing, explain which financial statements you would correct and how. Be specific as to accounts and amounts.
Guidelines for Submission
Submit a 1- to 2-page Word document with 12-point Times New Roman font, double spacing, and one-inch margins. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.