In the U.S. the Treasury yield curve is slightly from the 5-year and longer. How do you think the inverted yield curve will impact investor appetite? Do investors now prefer floating rate bond or fixed rate bond? Do they prefer shorter-tenor or longer-tenor issuance? How does it change corporate issuers preferences on issuance tenor?
Short-term and long-term Treasury live rates can be found on: https://www.wsj.com/market-data/bonds
b. Computational Questions
Company A is a EUR functional currency entity and would like to obtain EUR 300M fixed rate funding for 3-year. It currently has an Euro-MTN (EMTN) program which allows the Company to issue MTN in both EUR and GBP. Company A can issue the following debt:
Option 1: Issuing a EUR 300M Floating Rate Note (FRN). Pricing on a EUR floating rate note (FRN) for Company A will most likely land at EURIBOR + 100bps.
Option 2: Issuing an EUR 300M under the EMTN program. Pricing on a fixed rate EMTN in EUR will be around 4% for Company A.
Option 3: Issuing an GBP 250M under the EMTN program. Pricing on a fixed rate EMTN in GBP will be around 4.5% for Company A.
EURIBOR swap rate is currently at 3.5%
Swapping 4.5% 3-year GBP MTN to EUR will cost EUR 4.2%
Which option would you choose? and why?
Please draw a diagram for each option above, similar to the page 10 & 13 of the slide deck.
(Hint: Assumes all MTN issuances mentioned above are simple interest, annual payment and 1 GBP = 1.2 EUR)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.