Unit 4, Topic 16, Exercise 16-30
In August 2005, researchers for the American Society for Microbiology and the Soap and Detergent Association monitored the behavior of more than 6300 users of public restrooms. They observed people in public venues such as Turner Field in Atlanta and Grand Central Station in New York City. They found that 2393 of 3206 men washed their hands, compared to 2802 of 3130 women.
a. For each gender, construct a 90 % confidence interval for the population proportion who wash their hands in public restrooms.
Round your answers to four decimal places.
Men: (______________, _____________)
Women: (____________, ___________)
b. Do these confidence intervals overlap? What does this suggest?
Round your answer to two decimal places, if required.
These confidence intervals do/not do overlap. This suggests that the population of men who wash their hands in public restrooms is at least ___________ percentage points less/more than the percentage of women who wash their hands in public restrooms.
c. Describe the populations you are willing to generalize these results to.
All American adults/ all American adults in the two cities surveyed in this study/ all adults
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.