You are the plant accountant for a company that makes a popular brand of basketball shoes. Currently, your company sells 1,000 pairs of shoes each month for $100 apiece. The variable costs are 40% of sales, and the fixed costs are $35,000/month. The company’s advertising director is asking for an increase in her marketing budget of $1,500 per month. She plans to enhance her marketing campaign in a targeted area of the West Coast. She estimates that the additional advertising will result in a 50% increase in demand. For this situation, the additional advertising costs are considered a fixed cost. What is the impact of this request on the company’s operating income? On the other hand, the production manager believes that this increase in sales could put pressure on the production line. He estimates that there will need to be a $2.00 increase in labor costs per unit.
Consider the following:
Using the projected monthly income figure calculated above, how many units would the company need to sell to meet the initial monthly income figure?
What is the break-even sales volume needed?
Summarize the results of your analysis.
Respond to the following for this assignment:
How did you calculate the original operating income and break-even point before changes?
What is the new break-even point after including the effects of the increased advertising and higher variable costs?
Compare the two break-even results, and make a recommendation on whether the company should change or not.
Please click on the following link to access a template to use for this assignment:
Be sure to show your breakeven analysis in a table in a word document. Answer the questions above as part of your analysis. The assignment is 5 pages minimum. The breakeven analysis can be one page of the analysis. Assignments should follow APA formatting requirements.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
Length: 5 pages minimum
Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.