Activity I – Last year, your firm collected data on each of its 107 division managers. The data contain growth figures for each manager’s division, the manager’s tenure with the firm, and the manager’s score on a leadership test, which was administered firmwide. These data are contained in the file attached.
Run a regression designed to determine the effect of manager tenure on division growth.
What role, if any, can the manager’s leadership test score play in the regression you ran for Part a? Explain.
Activity II – Use the data in the attached for this question.
You are working as an analyst for a large cable company that offers bundles of channels all across the United States. One of the bundles is the basic package, which includes network channels along with a few other basic cable channels. You are interested in learning how the price of this basic package influences the rate of subscriptions in a market. You have data on subscriptions per 1,000 local residents, price for the basic package, and average local household income. You also have data on local telecom labor costs per subscriber. You believe this last variable influences the local price but not subscriptions per se.
Based on the data provided, write out an expression for the data-generating process for subscriptions per 1,000 local residents.
Estimate the effect of basic package price on subscriptions per 1,000 local residents using OLS. Why might you distrust this result as being a causal effect?
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.