After reading the assigned chapters in your text, and the article: Comparative Views on the Role and Effect of Faith in Social Services.
Please explain how ‘faith’ is an appropriate response to human needs. What are the benefits and challenges of ‘faith’ as an appropriate response to human needs? Do you believe that the benefits outweigh the challenges that you discussed? Why or why not?
Comparative Case Studies of Faith-based and Secular Service Agencies
discusses the role and effect of ‘faith’ in social services. By: Steven Rathgeb Smith – University of Washington, John P. Bartkowski – Mississippi State University & Susan Grettenberger – Central Michigan University
Faith-Based and Secular Humanitarian Organizations
shares an international perspective about faith-based vs. secular social services. By: Elizabeth Ferris, 2005.
The Role of Faith Based Organizations in the Social Welfare System
is based on the Spring Research Forum. Its goal is to provide an engaging overview of the issues and of what researchers understand about the role of faith-based organizations in human service delivery.
Faith-based vs Secular
discusses the effectiveness of services provided by faith-based organizations compared to services provided by secular organizations (ie. for-profit service providers). By: Mark Ragan, Senior Fellow, Rockefeller Institute of Government & Data Analysis by Craig Abbey, 2004
Comparative Views on the Role and Effect of Faith in Social Services
contains a Powerpoint presentation that compares faith-based and secular service agencies. By: John Bartkowski, Susan Grettenberger, Leda Hall, & Steven Rathgeb Smith
Where’s the Religion – Distinguishing Faith-Based from Secular Social Service Agencies:
outlines the differences between faith-based and secular social services, utilizing data that compares the organizational characteristics of faith-based and secular agencies that provide services to the homeless in Houston, Texas. By: Helen Rose Ebaugh, Paula F. Pipes, Janet Saltzman Chafetz, & Martha Daniels, 2003.
Video:Video: The Difference Between Secular and Faith-Based Organizations (Links to an external site.)Minimize Video
This video contains a clip of Duncan MacLaren describing an international perspective on the differences between secular and faith-based organizations. Duncan MacLaren, originally from Scotland, is the former Secretary General of Caritas Internationalis. He currently lectures at the Australian Catholic University on Catholic approaches to humanitarian and development work. He also coordinates ACU’s Refugee Program on the Thai-Burma border, which offers university education to Burmese refugees in camps in Thailand.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.