Southwest Airlines is a well-known company featured in our textbook. Over the next 4 weeks, you will take on the fictional role of intern at Southwest Airlines Human Resources. You will utilize the textbook and other professional resources to complete your assessments.
Your first week on the job is filled with learning the ins and outs of Human Resources and the industry. Your manager told you that one of your projects is to assist with a new HR strategy for the company. This strategy is broken down into 3 parts that you will work on throughout the course. They are:
- Examining current practices
- Talent recruitment and selection
- Strategy recommendation
Your first task is to examine Southwest’s current HR practices, as reported in public sources. Complete the HR Design Decisions chart uploaded below with your review and rationale of the elements listed below to decide where Southwest Airlines’ HR practices fall. Support the analysis with evidence from sources on the web.
- Employees as expenses vs. employees as assets
- Compensation below market, above market, or competitive
- Spontaneous training and development or planned training and development
- Specific job descriptions or general job descriptions
- External or internal recruitment, or both
- Limited socialization of new employees or extensive socialization
- Collective bargaining or individual bargaining
Possible sources for information include but are not limited to:
- Organization website and associated websites
- Vault Campus includes detailed reviews and survey information about what it is like to work at Southwest. To access Vault Campus, visit eCampus and select PhoenixLink.
- Websites that specialize in company reviews and job postings
- Magazine and journal articles from the Internet or University Library
NOTE! A thorough analysis of each design decision will require a minimum of 100 words for each of the seven design decisions.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.