Civil EngineeringDesign a rectangular beam continuous over three spans as shown in the accompanying figure. The live load is 2.4 kips/ft, and the superimposed dead load is 1.6 kips/ft in addition to the beam weight. Supports are 16″ wide. Assume fic = 4,000 psi, and f1= 60,000 psi. a) Is ACI simplified method of analysis for continuous beams applicable to this beam? In any case find the critical moments per ACI Approximate method. b) Using an analysis software, draw influence lines for moment at the center of each span and at the interior support. Employing these influence lines, determine the maximum positive and negative moments at these sections for the factored load. Draw clear diagrams of the loading for each case (i.e., load pattern). Compare these moments (elastic analysis) to those of part (a). c) Design a rectangular section for the entire beam using the moments from part (b). d) Draw influence lines for shear at critical sections and determine the maximum shear at each section using only full-span loading. Design the shear reinforcements using U stirrups of #3 bars if possible. e) Analyze and design the beam using Robot within Rivet (strongly recommended) or program of your choice and compare the results to your hand solution (e.g., moment envelop from your computer model vs. moments from part (b).
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.