SociologyRead the article “ Can a program designed for British diplomats fix Chicago’s schools?” by Hendershothttps://canvas.ku.edu/courses/68685/files/3671735?…
Read the following scenario. This is the scenario you will need to consider as you answer the questions that follow.The Kansas City, Missouri (KCMO) school district has been struggling to meet state academic standards. Recently, some attention has been drawn to the success of the IB program in the low-income, predominately minority schools in urban Chicago as outlined in the Hendershot article. Some families would like to de-track the KCMO schools and wish to implement the IB curriculum for all students in KCMO schools. However, the KCMO school board is resistant to the idea. They’ve called in an educational sociologist to analyze the situation and advise them on their decision. What should the KCMO school district do?Now that you’ve read the Hendershot article, the background information and are familiar with the KCMO scenario, answer all three of the following questions. Be sure that your analysis and your responses are directed to the KCMO school district’s question of whether or not to de-track the KCMO schools and implement the IB curriculum for all students.
Questions (answer all three):1) Analyze the KCMO situation from a historical perspective. Clearly identify, in your analysis, the relevant historical factors that may have contributed to the school district’s struggles and the parents’ calls for the schools to be de-tracked. Dig deeper than a recounting of the information in the Hendershot article. Provide support for any assertions of fact you make from the course readings. (0.5-1 page).2) Analyze the situation from a sociological perspective and clearly discuss how race and class informs this issue. (1-2 pages)3) Put yourself in the role of the educational sociologist hired by the KCMO school district. What would be your advice, based on the sociological perspective you discussed in question 2. What should the district do about parents’ request to de-track the schools and implement the IB curriculum? Provide your reasons for this advice and as always support any assertions of fact using the course readings. (1-2 pages).
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.