Full Free Essay :
Application of Intervention Model
The client population that will be taken into consideration in this context is: young adults who have aged out of the foster system. On the other hand, the therapeutic intervention selected in this case will be cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). From the onset, it would be prudent to note that according to Dorsey, Cox, Conover, and Berliner (2011), there are often a myriad of unaddressed mental health needs among most adolescents in foster care. Some of the concerns that the authors highlight are inclusive of what they refer to as; a sequelae of trauma exposure (e.g., Posttraumatic Stress Disorder [PTSD], Depression (597). Towards this end, I would be in favor of deployment of trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT). In basic terms, this happens to be a treatment approach/model (evidence-based) meant to help persons who have encountered traumatic experiences in the past overcome the negative effects of such experiences.
One therapeutic activity that that I would likely implement with young adults who have aged out of the foster system is relaxation. Available evidence indicates that the deployment of relaxation skills could be of great relevance in seeking to enable traumatized persons deal with biological hyperarousal responses. The said approach could be applied in a manner of formats. For instance, in the words of Cohen and Mannarino (2015), some of the effective personalized strategies for relaxation could on this front be inclusive of focused (yoga) breathing, progressive muscle relaxation and visualization (560). According to the authors, these skills come in handy in efforts to promote the production of physiologic relaxation responses. In so doing, the activity would meet one basic ideal of TF-CBT, i.e. help persons who have encountered traumatic experiences in the past overcome the negative effects of such experiences, among the population highlighted in this text.
Cohen, J.A. & Mannarino, A.P. (2015). Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Traumatized Children and Families. Child Adolesc Psychitr Clin N Am., 24(3), 557-570.
Dorsey, S., Cox, J. R., Conover, K. L., & Berliner, L. (2011). Trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy for children and adolescents in foster care.Children, Youth, and Family News, 65(5), 591-602.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.