Contemporary Public Health Issue
Although the United States is among the wealthiest nations in the world, it is far from being the healthiest. Life expectancy and survival rates in the United States have improved dramatically over the past century, but Americans have shorter lifespans and experience more illness than people in other high-income countries. This assignment gives you an opportunity to put together what you have learned in this course, including, but not limited to:
- public health policy, policymaking process, and law;
- public health and the legal system;
- individual and human rights in public health; and
- social justice, ethics and public health policy.
Choose a contemporary public health issue (e.g., bioterrorism, gun violence, or natural disasters like hurricanes, tornadoes, and wildfires), its impact on public health, and strategies for mitigating and managing it once the issue occurs.
Following APA guidelines, create a PowerPoint presentation of 17 slides (plus title and reference slides) on the contemporary public health issue you have chosen and a human rights ethical dilemma. You will present this work to a team of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) officials tasked with developing global policies for addressing the impact of contemporary public health issues around the world.
Your presentation should assess:
- the human rights concerns associated with the selected issues in public health policy,
- the conflicts of interest between public health policies and your selected emerging public health issue, and
- the gaps in the current health law that apply to the contemporary public health concern you selected with recommended suitable policy interventions to address the selected contemporary public health issue.
Your assignment must be supported with evidence from three to five peer-reviewed references, two of which must be from the CSU Online Library and no more than five years old.
The following resources may be helpful for you as you search the CSU Online Library for peer-reviewed academic articles:
All content must follow APA guidelines, including all sources used, which must be cited and referenced according to APA standards found in the APA Style Guide located in your myCSU Student Portal.
Ensure your presentation includes visuals such as images and graphics to supplement your message. These images or graphics must be cited according to APA standards as well. Your title and reference slides do not count toward the total slide requirement.
As a part of the presentation, you are encouraged to use the speaker notes section for the content slides to reinforce your presentation.
Refer to this PowerPoint Basics tutorial for tips on building effective presentations. Upon accessing the tutorial, a transcript is available within the Notes tab.
You may contact the Writing Center for assistance with writing and using APA style.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.