ASSESSMENT 1 BRIEF
Subject Code and Title MKT600/MKTG6002 Marketing
Assessment 1 Situation Analysis
Length 2000 words (+/- 10% excluding cover page, table of contents, executive summary, references and appendix).
Learning Outcomes This assessment addresses the following learning outcomes of the subject:
a) Critically evaluate underpinning marketing theories and principles and employ appropriate research process to collect, store and use of data to generate customer insights;
b) Critically evaluate customer needs to create value for customers by deploying the resources of the organisation in best possible ways;
Submission For 12 weeks delivery – due on Sunday at 11:55 pm (AEST/AEDT) by the end of the week 5.
For 6 weeks (intensive) delivery – due on Sunday at 11:55 pm (AEST/AEDT) by the end of the week 5.
Total Marks 30 marks
• To develop an understanding and appreciation about the influences of micro and macro environmental actors and forces that affect an organisation’s ability to serve the needs of the target market;
To develop critical analytical ability to gather and analyse relevant data to facilitate decision making;
• To develop foresights to predict industry trend and tailor the organisation's practices to respond to the changing situation.
How the assessment fits into the subject/course:
Marketing in the 21st century has evolved profoundly which is a critical element of business administration. The design of marketing plans is integral to business organisation and the assessment of this subject aims to provide students with the opportunity to apply the knowledge to develop effective marketing strategies. This assessment requires the students to analyse overall situation of the Business Case provided on Blackboard prior to developing a marketing plan. The students will then continue to develop a complete marketing plan in their next assessment for the same Business Case given on Blackboard. A short scenario is given below to help students address the tasks involved in the assessment 1.
MKT600/MKTG6002_Assessment 1_Situation Analysis Page 1 of 6
Linkages between Assessments 1 and 2:
Assessment 1 requires students to undertake the SWOT/TOWS analysis (Case Study will be Provided on Blackboard). Students are advised to conduct comprehensive research through the Torrens Library database. The assessments 1 and 2 are interlinked where students need to summarise the situation analysis from their assignment 1 while discussing this section within the assessment 2, the marketing plan.
This assessment task entails you to develop a Marketing Environmental Analysis that comprises both the micro-environment and macro-environment. The micro-environment analysis involves a scrutiny of internal environment that facilitates specifying the strengths and weaknesses, while, the macro-environment analysis requires the scrutiny of demographic, economic, natural, political, technological, and cultural (DENPTC) dimensions which will assist in specifying the opportunities and threats. Changes within the macro environmental forces are outside of an organisation's direct control entailing an organisation's marketing strategies to be adjusted to capture emerging opportunities and minimise any potential threats. Therefore, in this assessment task you will need to:
• Articulate your learning about marketing concepts and principles covered from Module 1 to 3.1 to demonstrate your level of understanding to evaluate the organisation's overall situation;
• Critically analyse the link between marketing theory and practice;
• Demonstrate research skills to reveal the insights;
• Apply appropriate business report writing skills;
• Discuss appropriate strategies with regards to your SWOT analysis.
• Use the appropriate APA style both in text citation and the reference list at the end. You should use at least 10 relevant academic references from leading marketing journals and textbooks to showcase quality of your research. Please see more information on referencing here: • https:// library.torrens.edu.au/academicskills/apa/tool
Scenario: Case Study for this Assessment will be provided on Blackboard.
MKT600/MKTG6002_Assessment 1_Situation Analysis Page 2 of 6
1. Discuss the value propositions, core brand values and buyer behaviour of your chosen organisation;
2. Analyse the micro-environment (the company, suppliers, intermediaries, relevant publics, customers and competitors);
3. Analyse the macro environment, that is, demographic, economic, natural, technological, political and cultural (DENTPC) forces to demonstrate their impacts on your chosen organisation's strategies/capabilities to serve the target market (s;
4. List the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) as well as suggest appropriate strategies by incorporating the TOWS matrix to draw from strengths to capture opportunities, to overcome weaknesses and to defend from threats.
Note: Take time to gather relevant data about your chosen organisation as well as the broader external environment in which the organisation operates. Find good quality academic references from high quality marketing journals and text books to substantiate your arguments, suggestions and explanations. Use relevant headings/sub-headings to ensure a cohesiveness and logical flow of the report.
Submit your assessment via the Assessment link in the main navigation menu in MKT600/ MKTG6002 Marketing subject. Please review TUA overdue policy in page 5 through the link copied below which applies a 10% deduction for each day up to FIVE days. Any submission that overdue for more than FIVE days will get 0.
https://ift.tt/sU02cMA icies_Filter.aspx?id=%2Fsites%2FMyTorrens%2FShared%20Documents%2FPolicies%2Fa ssessment%20policy%20for%20he%20coursework%20and%20elicos%5Fpl%5Ftua%5Fac %2Epdf&parent=%2Fsites%2FMyTorrens%2FShared%20Documents%2FPolicies&p=true
&originalPath=aHR0cHM6Ly9sYXVyZWF0ZWF1cy5zaGFyZXBvaW50LmNvbS86Yjovcy9Ne VRvcnJlbnMvRWFLY2xTM28tUHBOa25uX2ZQV2Z6c2NCRzJFSVI0OXJ0amxjYlF5bGZDYjl0 dz9ydGltZT1pWEF5NDdrLTJVZw
MKT600/MKTG6002_Assessment 1_Situation Analysis Page 3 of 6
Marking Rubric: Assessment 1
Assessment Fail (Unacceptable) Pass
(Proficient) 65-74% Distinction
75 -84% High Distinction
Evaluation of Limited understanding of Resembles a recall or Supports personal opinion Discriminates between Systematically and critically
information key concepts required to summary of key ideas. and information assertion of personal discriminates between
gathered to support support discussion substantiated by evidence opinion and information assertion of personal
the arguments Often conflates/confuses from the research/course substantiated by robust opinion and information
Confuses logic and assertion of personal materials. evidence from the substantiated by robust
emotion. Information taken from reliable sources but without a coherent analysis or synthesis.
opinion with information substantiated by evidence from the research/course materials.
Analysis and evaluation do
Information is taken from 15+ good quality sources with and demonstrates a capacity to explain and apply relevant concepts. research/course materials and extended reading.
Information are gathered from 20+ good quality sources with a well- evidence from the
research/course materials and extended reading.
Information are sourced from 30+ good quality
Viewpoints of experts are not reflect expert Identify logical flaws. demonstrated capacity to sources with a high level of
taken as fact with little judgement, intellectual explain and apply relevant interpretation/evaluation
questioning. independence, rigor and Questions viewpoints of concepts. to develop a
adaptability. experts. Viewpoint of experts are comprehensive critical
subject to questioning. analysis or synthesis.
Analysis and evaluation
Identifies gaps in
reflect growing judgement, knowledge.
intellectual independence, rigor and adaptability.
Exhibits intellectual independence, rigor, good
judgement and adaptability.
Effective Difficult to understand for Information, arguments and Information, arguments and Information, arguments and Expertly presented; the
Communication audience, no logical/clear evidence are presented in a evidence are well presented, evidence are very well report is logical, persuasive,
structure, poor flow of way that is not always clear mostly clear flow of ideas and presented; the report is and well supported by
20% ideas, argument lacks and logical. arguments. logical, clear and well evidence, demonstrating a
supporting evidence. supported by evidence.
MKT600/MKTG6002_Assessment 1_Situation Analysis Page 4 of 6
Audience cannot follow the line of reasoning.
Demonstrates inconsistent use of good quality, credible and relevant resources to support and develop ideas. Line of reasoning is often difficult to follow.
Demonstrates use of credible and relevant resources to support and develop ideas, but these are not always explicit or well developed. Line of reasoning is easy to follow.
Demonstrates use of high quality, credible and relevant resources to support and develop ideas. Demonstrates cultural sensitivity.
Demonstrates use of good quality, credible and relevant resources to support and develop arguments and statements. Shows evidence of wide scope within the organisation for sourcing evidence. clear flow of ideas and arguments.
Engages and sustains audience’s interest in the topic, demonstrates high levels of cultural sensitivity Demonstrates use of high- quality, credible and relevant resources to support and develop arguments and position statements. Shows evidence of wide scope within and without the organisation for sourcing evidence
Effective use of diverse presentation aids, including graphics and multi-media.
Critically evaluates client needs with regard to Micro-
Does not display an understanding of the Microenvironment (e.g., intermediaries, suppliers, publics).
Sensible challenges are not presented Some relevant suppliers, intermediaries and publics are identified.
Some potential challenges are identified.
Relevant suppliers, intermediaries and publics are mostly identified.
Potential challenges are mostly identified. Thorough review of relevant suppliers, intermediaries and publics.
Good discussion of potential challenges, supported by sound arguments and/or good sources.
Systematically and critically reviews
relevant suppliers, intermediaries and publics.
Systematically and critically discusses potential challenges, supported by sound
MKT600/MKTG6002_Assessment 1_Situation Analysis Page 5 of 6
arguments and/or good sources.
client needs with regard to Macro- environment – DENPTC
20% Superficial review of the DENPTC dimensions.
No or little consideration of influences of the external environment. Provides a satisfactory discussion of the DENPTC dimensions.
Satisfactory relevant data/information provided to substantiate the discussion. Good discussion on the DENPTC dimensions has been provided with good relevant data/ information to support the arguments. Thorough research on the DENPTC dimensions reveals relevant data/ information. The discussion is presented in a logical and systematic approach. Critically evaluates the data/information gathered on the DENPTC dimensions. The discussion is presented with strong arguments and substantiated with relevant data as well as demonstrates the potential effects on the business.
Critically evaluates the business's overall situation to list out strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats and discusses appropriate strategies to draw on the strengths to capture opportunities, defend from threats and overcome weaknesses
25% Discussion is not relevant to client needs – superficial or general discussion of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Does not show understanding of relevant concepts. Some relevant factors related to the business's overall situation discussed demonstrating some understanding of the concepts covered but appropriate strategies to draw on the strengths to capture opportunities, defend from threats and overcome weaknesses not clearly articulated. Mostly relevant factors discussed to specify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats while appropriate strategies to draw on the strengths to capture opportunities, defend from threats and overcome weaknesses not well articulated. Good discussion of internal and external environment analysis leading to list out the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats and appropriate strategies to draw from the strengths to capture opportunities, defend from threats and overcome weaknesses. Critically evaluates the business's overall situation and provides a comprehensive list of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Discussed succinctly appropriate strategies to draw on strengths to capture opportunities, defend from threats and overcome weaknesses.
MKT600/MKTG6002_Assessment 1_Situation Analysis
Page 6 of 6
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.