ASSESSMENT 1 BRIEF
Subject Code and Title
PROJ6004 Contracts and Procurement
Case Study Response
600-800 word original post, plus a minimum of 2 x 300 word responses (+/- 10%)
Due by 11:55pm AEST/AEDT Sunday end of Module 2 (Module 2.2; Week 4 for 12 week sessions; Week 2 for 6 week sessions).
The Subject Learning Outcomes demonstrated by successful completion of the task below include:
a) Critically evaluate the risks associated with contract and procurement management approaches
b) Evaluate procurement requirements to formulate procurement processes in order to initiate contracts
Critically read the assigned case study, available from either the Subject Learning Resources tab on the course homepage or as sent to you by the Learning Facilitator as an announcement. Read the Module 1-2 learning resources, especially those focused on project risk. Engage with other students by posting a 600-800-word discussion forum post and 300-word critiques detailing your response to the question below.
Please refer to the instructions for details on how to complete this task. Context
Procurement and contracts are integral to successful project management. Planning for purchases and acquisitions, requests for proposal, vendor selection, contract administration, and contract closure are integral parts of the process. Learning from case studies and benchmarking against better practices, standards and excellence is vital to understand complexity of issues and successful strategies for procurement and contract management. It will also ensure improved responsiveness to key issues, promote supplier client relationships through proactive management of risks and ultimately deliver higher level of focus on performance-based outcomes.
PROJ6004_Assessment_1_Brief_Discussion_Module 2 Page 1 of 7
Assessment 1 is a discussion with other students of key issues to better understand the principles of project procurement, challenges, and risks, as well as develop key procurement themes and quantify financial exposure.
This assessment requires that you critically evaluate the risks associated with contract and procurement management approaches. This assessment requires that you answer the following question, evaluating the following risk and procurement concepts:
“What are some important procurement risks that typically exist for large or complex projects? What procurement/financial risks exist in the assigned case study, and what strategies do you propose for mitigating these risks?”.
To do so, address the following concepts in your post:
• Identify 2-3 typical procurement risks required to be managed for complex projects
• Identify 2-3 specific financial risks from the case study project
• Propose possible procurement/financial risk mitigation actions for the case study project,
and explain these relate to better practice guidelines
• Identify possible areas for further vendor negotiations and management that you believe are
important to achieve a successful contract completion
• Identify areas of key accountability that exist for the project manager and procurement
manager in facilitating a successful outcome for the case study project To answer this question, you will need to:
(a) Posta600-800-word(+/-10%)responsetothisquestion,basedonyourinformed opinion and demonstrated knowledge of project management procurement risks, project lifecycles, and PMBoK, to the Discussion Forum on the Learning Portal.
(b) Respond to a minimum of two other students’ posts by critiquing their opinion and comparing it with yours in 300 words (+/-10%).
Page 2 of 7
1. Read module 1-2 learning resources, particularly those relevant to procurement risk, to familiarise yourself with fundamental concepts. Critically reflect on your readings to form an opinion. Commence writing your opinion to answer the question and support that opinion by using at least six (6) references from academic or industry literature. Cite these references in your opinion of 600-800 words both in-text and as a reference list at the end of your opinion piece. The word count does not include the reference list. It is expected that you will undertake sufficient research and reading to effectively contribute and share ideas individually. This is important for discussions to achieve sufficient depth of analysis as to provide high quality information to satisfy the requirements for the case study analysis – based on the above guidelines.
2. Read other students’ posts. Think about their opinion and try to compare and contrast them with yours. This will allow you to “critique” the views of at least two other students. You can do this by highlighting the things you agree with and those you disagree with in their post. You need to justify and explain your critique of their opinion. In your response, you will need to refer to some of the literature. Your responses will need to be a minimum of 300 words. This does not include the reference list
It is essential that you use appropriate APA style for citing and referencing research. Please see more information on referencing here https://ift.tt/3n3DIfJ
Submit this task via the Assessment 1 link in the main navigation menu in PROJ6004 – Contracts and Procurement. The Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via the Grade Centre in the LMS portal. Feedback can be viewed in My Grades.
Academic Integrity Declaration
I declare that except where I have referenced, the work I am submitting for this assessment task is my own work. I have read and am aware of Torrens University Australia Academic Integrity Policy and Procedure viewable online at https://ift.tt/31I8WSi
I am aware that I need to keep a copy of all submitted material and their drafts, and I will do so accordingly.
PROJ6004_Assessment_1_Brief_Discussion_Module 2 Page 3 of 7
(Yet to achieve minimum standard)
Understanding of the Project
Superficial analysis of
Basic evaluation of the project complexities and nuances
High Distinction (Exceptional)
the project context and
Rudimentary analysis of
the project context and
Proficient analysis of the
project context and
Thoughtful evaluation of the project complexities and nuances
Through analysis of the
project context and
Discerning evaluation of the project complexities and nuances
Sophisticated analysis of
the project context and
The project complexities and nuances have not been understood
Insightful evaluation of the project complexities and nuances
Responses to the key questions lack intellectual rigour and resolution
Functional responses to the key questions posed
Responses to the key questions posed show developing judgement
Astute responses to the
Considered and highly
key questions posed
resolved responses to
the key questions posed
PROJ6004_Assessment_1_Brief_Discussion_Module 2 Page 4 of 7
Application of Learned Theories and Frameworks
Demonstrates a basic level of understanding of learned theories and frameworks
Learning theories and frameworks are applied at a superficial level to somewhat support discussion contribution
Student has only engaged in the developing conversation in a minor way
Learned theories and frameworks have not been understood or interpreted incorrectly
Demonstrates proficient level of understanding of learned theories and frameworks
Effectively synthesises and applies theories and frameworks to support discussion contribution
Student is engaged in the discussion and responsive to the developing conversations
Demonstrates an advanced level of understanding of learned theories and frameworks
Persuasively synthesises and applies theories and frameworks to support discussion contribution
Demonstrates an exceptional understanding of learned theories and frameworks
Learning theories and frameworks have not been used to support discussion contribution
Eloquently synthesises and applies theories and frameworks to support discussion contribution
Effective Contribution to Discussion
Student’s contribution to the discussion and engagement in the developing conversation is limited or non-existent
Student initiates some discussions and shows consistent engagement in the developing conversations
Student shows leadership in activating community discussions and contributing to developing conversations
PROJ6004_Assessment_1_Brief_Discussion_Module 2 Page 5 of 7
Response posts have been made, but lack depth and consideration
Response posts are considered and constructive
Original post lacks depth and consideration, with little opportunity for further group discussion
Original post is highly engaging and offers well reasoned arguments for group discussion
Original post is conceptually evocative and and offers carefully considered ideas for initiating group discussion
Response posts are constructive and engaging, supporting further group learning
Original post is insightful and offers highly stimulating, authentic thought for initiating group discussion
No response posts have been made
Original post considered and offers relevant ideas for group discussion
Response posts are encouraging and provocative, supporting further group learning
Language and Communication
Significant grammar, spelling and punctuation errors resulting in a lack of clarity to ideas communicated.
Ideas are understandable, but notable spelling and punctuation errors evident throughout.
Ideas are communicated successfully but some minor spelling and punctuation errors are evident.
Ideas are clearly communicated with only minor punctuation errors.
Ideas are flawlessly
communicated with no
grammatical, spelling, or
PROJ6004_Assessment_1_Brief_Discussion_Module 2 Page 6 of 7
Research and Referencing Quality
No independent research beyond lecture material
Substantial research beyond lecture material
Extensive independent research beyond lecture material
Exhaustive independent research beyond lecture material
Citations of sources and references used to inform ideas are not evident
Superficial independent research beyond lecture material
Some citations of sources and references used to inform ideas
Proficient citations of sources and references used to inform ideas
Significant citation of sources and references used to inform ideas
Exemplary citation of sources and references used to inform ideas
The following Subject Learning Outcomes are addressed in this assessment
SLO a) Critically evaluate the risks associated with contract and procurement management approaches
SLO c) Evaluate procurement requirements to formulate procurement processes in order to initiate contracts
PROJ6004_Assessment_1_Brief_Discussion_Module 2 Page 7 of 7
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.