ASSESSMENT 1: Individual Coursework
Word count: 1500 words (MK 5023)
Submission deadline: 5 April 2021
Learning Outcomes Evidenced by this assignment: 1,2,3,4,5,6
At the end of this module, students will be able to:
1. Gain a comprehensive understanding of the various theoretical influences (psychological, social and cultural) upon consumption as a practice.
2. Synthesise the contemporary issues involved in consumption practice that have a broad societal relevance.
3. Analyse, evaluate and interpret consumer behaviour theories and models and understand their relevance to contemporary marketing practice.
Subject-based practical skills
4. Plan, conduct and report research in the field of consumer behaviour to provide recommendations for effective marketing strategies.
Skills for life and work (general skills)
5. Develop the art of constructing and defending academic arguments.
6. Develop the independent learning ability required for continuing professional development.
Details of the assessment task
This assessment is individual-based and involves a critical literature review on any topic within the consumer behaviour field of study. For instance, your topic could revolve around Consumer perception, Conspicuous consumption, Consumer attitudes, Symbolic Consumption, Consumer Acculturation, Ethical Consumption, Reference Groups and social media, the relevance of learning in Consumer behaviour, and Personality and consumer behaviour or any other topic within the field as presented in the module guide. The focus/objective of the literature review should be specific and clearly stated at the early part of the paper. While your submission can benefit from relevant views in some textbooks, it is expected that this paper will be written with a minimum of 7 peer-reviewed journal articles as part of the literature materials to strengthen the case in the review. The examples of these articles and journals are listed in the module guide.
a) Assessment criteria for each task
Comprehensive research, use of journal articles/academic materials, and Critical analysis of the ideas (45%):
Identify the relevant concepts,
Demonstrate good understanding of main academic theories and evidence of critical thought.
Good introduction, clearly stated objective/focus of the review
Quality of discussion/clarity of writing
Clearly structured arguments
Smooth flow of grammatical expressions
Logical synthesis of ideas
Structuring, citation and referencing technique
Consistency with the prescribed presentation format
Correct in-text citation
We strongly suggest that you try to submit all coursework by the deadline set as meeting deadlines will be expected in employment. However, in our regulations, University has permitted students to be able to submit their coursework up to 24 hours after the deadline. The deadline is published in this module guide. Coursework which is submitted late, but within 24 hours of the deadline, will be assessed but subjected to a fixed penalty of 5% of the total marks available (as opposed to marks obtained). If you submit twice, once before the deadline and once during the 24 hour late period, then the second submission will be marked and 5% deducted. This rule only applies to coursework. It does not apply to examinations, presentations, performances, practical assessments or viva voce examinations. If you miss these for a genuine reason, then you will need to apply for extenuating circumstances, or accept that you will receive a zero mark.
b) Guidance on referencing
As a student you will be taught how to write correctly referenced essays using standard Harvard referencing system from Cite Them Right . Cite them Right is the standard Harvard referencing style for all Schools apart from the School of Psychology which uses the APA system. This book will teach you all you need to know about Harvard referencing, plagiarism and collusion. The electronic version of “Cite Them Right: the essential referencing guide” 9th edition, can be accessed whilst on or off campus, via Direct. The book can only be read online and no part of it can be printed nor downloaded.
c) Details of submission procedures:
Your work should be word processed in accordance with the following key guidelines:
· Font style, Lucida Sans, font size 12
· 1.5 line spacing.
· The page orientation should be ‘portrait’
· Margins on both sides of the page should be no less than 2.5 cm
· Pages should be numbered
· Your name should not appear on the paper.
· Your student number should be included on every page.
· Please use the front sheet provided
· Indicate the word count on the front sheet
Notice is hereby given that all submissions for component 1 assessment (Individual report) of this Module must be submitted to Turnitin.” If you fail to submit it to Turnitin, in accordance with the guidance provided on the Virtual Learning Environment (Moodle), a mark of 0 will be awarded for the component.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.