ASSESSMENT 2 BRIEF
Subject Code and Title MIS610 Advanced Professional Practice
Assessment Ethics Project
Length 1500 words (+/- 10%)
Learning Outcomes The Subject Learning Outcomes demonstrated by successful completion of the task below include:
a) Investigate and reflect on the role of a Business Analyst (or chosen career path) in the contemporary business environment and society more broadly.
b) Cultivate an understanding of who the student is as a professional and what their impact should be to the enterprise, taking into consideration global ethical viewpoints.
Submission Due by 11:55pm AEST/AEDT Sunday end of Module 4.1 (Week 7)
Total Marks 100 marks
Write a 1500 words Ethics Project Report for an ethical dilemma scenario provided and make a professional decision by analysing it from a range of ethical perspectives with the aim of understanding:
a) how ethics is part of your day-to-day professional practice, and
b) how your current thinking about ethical issues influences your professional practice.
Please refer to the Instructions for details on how to complete this task.
This assessment provides an opportunity for you to begin to explore how ethics relates to your professional life. Through reflecting on your own practice, you will develop the skill to identify and describe an ethical issue, articulate the various choices available to you and discuss how you determined what actions you should take. You will also develop your written skills by presenting a coherent description of an event, demonstrating the capacity to reflect on your behaviour. The assignment will help you to develop an ‘ethical mindset’ when making workplace decisions and learn to identify the ethical frameworks that inform those decisions.
1. Read the MIS610 Ethical Dilemma that will be in the Ethics Case Study that will be provided in class in Week 3.
2. Reflect upon the incident discussed in the ethical dilemma scenario provided.
3. Write a 1500 words report that comprise of:
• A short description of the workplace event. That is your interpretation of the ethical dilemma (200 words).
• A reflection on how you would decide in response to the ethical dilemma (800 words).
The following questions need to be considered in your answer: o What do you think is the issue in this situation? o What would your response be to this issue? o Justify your answer – why would you respond in this way? o What laws, ethical codes, or personal ethical stance apply to the situation? o Why would you choose one action rather than another? o In what ways do you think your own cultural background influenced the way you would answer this situation?
• Identify two ethical frameworks or approaches (chosen from the the frameworks and approaches discussed in class), that could have helped you with your ethical decision.
• Discuss how the frameworks might have helped you reach the same decision or a different decision as you identified above. This should include reference to two relevant reliable sources that are not part of the subject resources (500 words).
The following questions will help your reflection:
o What ethical framework (if any) did you use in reaching your original decision? o How do the ethical frameworks you have chosen apply to the situation? o How does a line of ethical reasoning arrive at your original decision?
o How does a line of ethical reasoning arrive at a different decision?
• You need to identify and apply the two frameworks, not describe them. Descriptions of the frameworks can be found in Module 3.1 (Utilitarian approach, Rights approach, Justice approach, Common Good approach, Virtue approach, and Egoism). Additional ethics case studies will be reviewed in class.
4. You are strongly advised to read the rubric which is an evaluation guide with criteria for grading your assignment. This will give you a clear picture of what a successful report looks like.
You are advised to include a minimum of five (5) academic references which should be textbooks or academic journals. Appropriate websites may be used in addition to these. It is expected that you reference any lecture notes used and five additional sources in the relevant subject area based on sources and further research.
It is essential that you use appropriate APA 7 style for citing and referencing research. Please see more information on referencing in the Academic Skills webpage.
Submit this assessment via the Assessment 2 link in the main navigation menu in MIS610 Advanced Professional Practice. The Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via the Grade Centre in the LMS portal. Feedback can be viewed in My Grades.
All students are responsible for ensuring that all work submitted is their own and is appropriately referenced and academically written according to the Academic Writing Guide. Students also need to have read and be aware of Torrens University Australia Academic Integrity Policy and Procedure and subsequent penalties for academic misconduct. These are viewable online. Students also must keep a copy of all submitted material and any assessment drafts.
To apply for special consideration for a modification to an assessment or exam due to unexpected or extenuating circumstances, please consult the Assessment Policy for Higher Education Coursework and ELICOS and, if applicable to your circumstance, submit a completed Application for Assessment Special Consideration Form to your Learning Facilitator
Assessment Attributes Fail
(Yet to achieve minimum standard)
(Functional) 50-64% Credit
75-84% High Distinction
Interpretation of the ethical dilemma
Percentage for this criterion = 10% No description of the workplace event and interpretation of the ethical dilemma. Limited description of the workplace event and interpretation of the ethical dilemma. Provides an adequate description of the workplace event and interpretation of the ethical dilemma. Provides a through description of the workplace event and interpretation of the ethical dilemma. Provides a sound and well written description of the workplace event and interpretation of the ethical dilemma.
Response to the ethical dilemma
Provides a clear and justified response to the
ethical dilemma using reflective skills
Percentage for this criterion = 30% Does not reflect upon own professional identity and professional
practice/responsibility to provide a clear and justified response to the ethical dilemma. Provide a response to the ethical dilemma with limited justification. Reflects on own professional identity and in relation to organisational influences and considers impact on professional practice. Provides a response to the ethical dilemma with adequate justification. Reflects on own professional identity in relation to organisation influences and impact on professional practice, modifies behaviour when necessary in reflexive act. Provides a clear and justified response. Reflects and evaluates own professional identity in relation to organisational influences and how this impact on professional practice and professional responsibility holistically. Provides a clear and justified response to the ethical dilemma. Critically Reflects and analyses own professional identity in relation to organisation influences and ethos. Considers how this impact on professional practice and professional responsibility with a willingness to adapt and grow.
Ethical moral reasoning
Identify and apply two ethical frameworks Recognises ethical and moral issues and is able to reason based on these principles. Identify two ethical frameworks with no
application. Difficulty in formulating own opinion and lack of recognition of ethical principles and competing interests. Does not clearly demonstrate moral-ethical reasoning. Limited application of the ethical frameworks. Difficulty in justifying conclusions based on moral-ethical principles but recognises different viewpoints. Identify and apply two ethical frameworks. Conclusions are justified based on moral-ethical principles. Identify and apply two ethical frameworks. Formulates and justifies conclusions based on moral-ethical principles. Can recognise the competing interests in arguments and identify Identify and apply two ethical frameworks. Uses ethical principles to identify competing interests and views. Sophisticated understanding of the ethical and moral positions. Well-articulated viewpoint
MIS610_Assessment_2_Brief Page 4 of 5
Percentage for this criterion = 30% ethical issues embodied in them. based on moral-ethical reasoning.
Effective written communication
Percentage for this criterion = 15% Presents information. Meaning is repeatedly obscured by errors in the communication of ideas, including errors in structure and sequence. Many spelling, grammar and/or punctuation errors are evident. Communicates in a readable manner that largely adheres to the given format. Meaning is sometimes difficult to follow. Information, arguments and evidence are structured and sequenced in a way that is not always clear and logical. Some errors are evident in spelling, grammar and/or punctuation. Communicates in a coherent and readable manner that adheres to the given format. Meaning is easy to follow. Information, arguments and evidence are structured and sequenced in a way that is clear and logical. Occasional minor errors present in spelling, grammar and/or punctuation. Communicates coherently and concisely in a manner that adheres to the given format. Engages audience interest. Information, arguments and evidence are structured and sequenced in a way that is, clear and persuasive. Spelling, grammar and punctuation are free from errors. Communicates eloquently. Expresses meaning coherently, concisely and creatively within the given format. Engages and sustains audience’s interest. Information, arguments and evidence are insightful, persuasive and expertly presented. Spelling, grammar and punctuation are free from errors.
Percentage for this criterion = 15% Demonstrates inconsistent use of good quality, credible and relevant resources to support and develop ideas. Referencing is omitted or does not resemble APA 7. Demonstrates use of credible and relevant resources to support and develop ideas, but these are not always explicit or well developed. Referencing resembles APA 7, with frequent or repeated errors. Demonstrates use of credible resources to support and develop ideas. Referencing resembles APA 7 with occasional errors. Demonstrates use of good quality, credible and relevant resources to
, support and develop arguments and statements. Show evidence of wide scope within the organisation for sourcing evidence. APA 7 referencing is free from Demonstrates use of highquality, credible and relevant resources to support and develop arguments and position statements. APA 7 referencing is free from errors.
MIS610_Assessment_2_Brief Page 5 of 5
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.