Assessment 3: Case Studies – Scenario/Problem Solving Project
Due date: Week 12
Group/individual: Individual assignment
Word count: 2500 words
Unit Learning Outcomes: ULO-1, ULO-2, ULO-3, ULO-4
Assessment 3 Details:
Following are some of the high priority infrastructure projects in Australia which are currently in construction phase. After completion of these projects the Australian people will get huge benefits from the outcomes.
1. Gold Coast M1 Pacific Motorway upgrade Project (QLD)
2. Beyondie Sulphate of Potash Project (WA)
3. Mount Weld Rare Earths Processing Facility Project (WA)
4. Saint Elmo Vanadium Project (QA)
5. Gawler rail line electrification Project (SA)
6. Tonkin Highway Project (WA)
7. Parramatta Light Rail Project (NSW)
8. South Gippsland Highway Project (VIC)
In this assessment task, students are required to choose ONE of the above six projects and answer all the questions stated below. There are three parts of this assessment task:
Part I: In this part of the assessment task, students are required to write a report based on the answers to the following questions and submit the report in week 5. Although this part of the assessment task will not provide any grading points, but the lecturer/tutor will provide feedback based on which students are required to write part II and the final part of the assessment task. Students are reminded that this part of the assessment task must do because the performance of the final part of the assessment task will depend upon the incorporation of the feedback of this part of the assessment task.
Answer the following questions in Part I of the assessment report:
1. Briefly describe the background and the objectives of the case project.
2. What is the delivery method of this project? What are the reasons behind the choice of this project delivery method for the case project?
3. Which organisation is the main construction contractor of this project, briefly describe the background of the construction contractor organization?
4. Briefly describe the bidding processes and the selection of the construction contractor.
5. Briefly describe the current updates of the case project.
Part II: In this part of the assessment task, students are required to summarise about the improvement of the first part of the assessment task based on the feedback obtained from the lecturer/tutor and students are also required to answer the following questions. There are no grading points for this part, but it is a must do task because the performance of the final part of the assessment task will depend upon the incorporation of the feedback of this part of the assessment task.
Answer the following questions in Part II of the assessment report:
1. Write a summary about the improvement of the first part of the assessment task based on the feedback provided by the lecture/tutor.
2. Are there any variations of contract types for different works of this project?
3. Are there any issues associated with the case project?
4. Is there any cost overrun or schedule delays for the case project?
Final part of the Assessment task: In this part of the assessment task, students are required to summarise about the improvement of the first and the second parts of the assessment task based on the feedback obtained from the lecturer/tutor and students are also required to answer the following questions.
Answer the following questions in the final Part of the assessment report:
1. Write a summary about the improvement of the previous two parts of the assessment task based on the feedback provided by the lecturer/tutor.
2. Finally, you need to interpret the findings in the Discussion section, draw conclusions, and make recommendations. The conclusions and recommendations must be directly related to the data about the case project that you have collected and analysed.
3. You are also required to verbally present the analysis of the case project in week 12. Please see the presentation details in Assessment 4.
Assessments 3: Marking Criteria and Rubric
The assessment will be marked out of 100 and will be weighted 25% of the total unit mark. The marking criteria and rubric are shown on the following page.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.