Subject Code and Title PUBH6012: Capstone B: Applied Research Project in Public Health
Assessment Assessment 1: Report
Individual/Group Individual or Group
Length 5,000 words
Learning Outcomes This assessment addresses the following learning outcomes: 1. Integrate and apply their knowledge and skills in public health 2. Apply research skills to a public health issue 3. Analyse the results of data collected from research, taking into consideration prior evidence and theory 4. Understand the ethical implications for conducting a piece of public health research 6. Create a final research report
Submission By 11:55pm AEST/AEDT Sunday of Week 10
Total Marks 100 marks
This assessment advanced skills in reporting the justification, methods, results, and conclusions of a research project. Key understanding contained includes how to justify a research project using literature, how to implement a research proposal to collect and analyse data, how to report the results of the analysis of data, how to contextualise one's own research in the context of the wider body of literature, and how to draw conclusions about future research and recommendations based on research. This prepares students for the conduct and reporting of research, which is an important skill set for public health practitioners.
Part 1: Due Sunday end of Module 1 Week 1
Based on the feedback from your Capstone A Research Proposal, revise your research plan and GANTT chart.
Submit these to your Capstone A facilitator by Sunday end of Module 1 Week 1. You may not proceed with your data collection until this has been approved by your supervising facilitator.
The final assignment for this subject will be the write-up of the findings of your research into a final report. This will be comprised of the following parts:
a. Summary of your report (as you would find in a published research article)
a. Introduction to and justification of the topic area, drawing upon your literature review (from Capstone A), and including the knowledge gap your project addresses
b. Your research question
3) Research design and methods
a. Summarise your research design/methods (from Capstone A) – what type of project did you do?
b. How did you collect the data (ie search strategy and process/ policy consultation process)? If a policy consultation, explain how any organizations/individuals that you consulted with were approached
c. How did you analyse the data (ie thematic analysis, systematic review process, consultation synthesis)?
d. Briefly explain the ethical issues that should be considered
a. Report the results of your findings, e.g. key themes if a qualitative study, results in table format if a quantitative study
b. Clearly explain key figures, tables and graphs
5) Discussion: Interpretation and contextualisation of your results
a. Place your results in the context of your literature review
b. Contextualise the results within the academic literature
c. Describe any limitations of your study
a. Conclusions from this study
b. Recommendations for future research or policy change based on feasible solutions
7) Supplementary material
a. Reference List
b. Any appendices
This research report format has been based on the standard format for a journal article, and thus may be submitted to a journal in the future if the student is interested.
NOTE: due to the time constraints around submission and peer review, a submitted article will not be required as part of this subject. If you wish to develop a journal article, you may seek advice on how to do this at the end of the Capstone.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.