Assessment of the current situation at a health services organization –
Task – You will be picking and analyzing a current health services organization in terms of its current situation and focus on its customers.
Approach your written assignment as follows:
Pick a health services organization that you may work for or with which you are familiar. It can be a local or national organization. University of Maryland Medical Systems
Research the organization by visiting its website and, if possible, its location. (UMMS (University of Maryland Capital Region Health)
Research the industry in which your organization operates, e.g. nursing homes, private physician practice. (hospital as well as primary care and residency program/teaching facility)
Using your findings, conduct a SWOT analysis of your organization. Use the SWOT Analysis Worksheet provided under Course Content
Conduct a competitive analysis of your organization. Use the Competitive Analysis Worksheet provided under Course Content.
Prepare your written assignment by addressing each of the following questions in order:
What is the mission of the health care organization?
What are their corporate level goals?
Who are their customers?
From your SWOT analysis, what do you conclude are the organization’s main strengths and weaknesses?
From your SWOT analysis, what do you conclude are the organization’s main opportunities and threats?
Who are the primary competitors to the organization?
Do you think the organization has a customer-focused orientation to its practices and procedures? Why or why not?
Marketing Program Competitive Analysis Worksheet Industry category: (ex. sports utility vehicles) ______________________________ Subcategory: (ex. midsized) ____________________________________________ Subcategory: (ex. hybrids) _____________________________________________ Directions: List your product in the first cell of the Product Name column, then list each major direct competitor in the cells beneath. Think of a product subcategory and determine the main criteria by which the products in that subcategory compete. Replace the four column titles to the right with those criteria (for example, Criterion 1 becomes Speed). Conduct research to fill in each cell with the relevant information. Product Name Criterion 1 Criterion 2 Criterion 3 Criterion 4 Use your table to identify the competitive position of each product. Competitive Position Product Name(s) Basis for Position (e.g., product leadership, cost leadership) Market leader Market challenger Market nicher Possible sources of information: Hoovers.com, industry publications, product brochures, comparison websites Marketing Program SWOT Analysis Worksheet Directions: Carefully read the case study and note every strength, weakness, opportunity, and threat. Don’t forget to look at the exhibits and charts; these can point out important information for your SWOT analysis. You don’t need to fill in every cell in the tables, although some cells may have several entries. You may need to conduct additional research on the industry, the economic climate, and other topics to fully understand the environment in which the company operates. Internal Micro Environmental Factor These are strengths; they will help the marketing effort These are weaknesses; they will hinder the marketing effort These are opportunities for the company in its marketing efforts These are threats to the company’s marketing efforts a. Company b. Suppliers c. Intermediaries d. Competitors e. Publics f. Customers External Macro Environmental Factor a. Demographic trends in the population b. Cultural influences affecting consumer decision-making c. Natural resources needed as inputs by marketer d. Political or economic conditions affecting consumers’ purchasing power e. New technologies impacting the industry f. Laws, agencies, or pressure groups that could limit or enhance marketing Develop a conclusion based on your SWOT analysis that takes into account the most important strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats and their overall impact on the marketing effort. Take this conclusion into consideration when making your final recommendation.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.