Assume the role of an intern with the Sunstate County Sheriff’s Office. You have been assigned to patrol with Senior Officer Miller. You are patrolling the Pine Manor area, home to minorities and illegal immigrants. Recently, the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers began to investigate crimes involving illegal immigrants in the Pine Manor area.While driving on Main Street, Officer Miller recognizes a Hispanic male walking on the pedestrian walkway. He stops the patrol vehicle and talks to the man: “Hi Juan, haven’t you forgotten to make your payment this week? Remember Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers are in the area.” The Hispanic man takes several hundred-dollar bills out of his wallet and hands the money to Officer Miller.You ask Officer Miller about the purpose of the payment. Officer Miller states, “It is an agreement. Either the illegal immigrants pay me, or I will notify ICE about their whereabouts”.You continue to patrol the neighborhood, and Officer Miller stops another Hispanic male walking on the street. He also asks him about his weekly payment. Jose responds that he does not have any money, and he had sent this week’s paycheck to Mexico for his family. Officer Miller exits the vehicle and arrests Jose Martinez.On the transport to the jail, Jose asks for the charges, and Officer Miller stated that he would be arrested for possession of marijuana. Jose answered, “I do not possess or use drugs.” Officer Miller grabs an evidence bag with a green leafy substance from underneath the driver’s seat and shows it to Jose, “Here is the evidence.”Officer Miller arrives at the jail and then books Jose Martinez for the false charges.Assess the scenario, and then address the following:Identify the ethical issues associated with the officer’s behavior.Offer some alternatives to this behavior in your discussion.Explain what your ethical obligation is in this scenario.Determine the consequences of the officer’s behavior.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.