1.T.W.E., a large manufacturer, prohibited its employees from distributing union leaflets to other employees while on the company’s property. Richard, an employee of T.W.E., disregarded the prohibition and passed out the leaflets before his work shift began. T.W.E. discharged Richard for his actions. Has T.W.E. committed an unfair labor practice? Explain.
2. Erwick was dismissed from her job at the C & T Steel Company because she was “an unsatisfactory employee.” At the time, Erwick was active in an effort to organize a union at C & T. Is the dismissal valid? Why or why not?
3. Johnson, president of the First National Bank of A, believes that it is appropriate to employ only female tellers. Hence, First National refuses to employ Ken Baker as a teller but does offer him a maintenance position at the same salary. Baker brings a cause of action against First National Bank. Is First National illegally discriminating based on gender? Why or why not?
4. Section 103 of the Federal Public Works Employment Act establishes the MBE (Minority Business Enterprise) program and requires that, absent a waiver by the Secretary of Commerce, 10 percent of all Federal grants given by the Economic Development Administration must be used to purchase services or supplies from businesses owned and controlled by U.S. citizens belonging to one of six minority groups: African American, Spanish-speaking, Asian, Native American, Eskimo, and Aleut. White owners of businesses contend that the Act constitutes illegal reverse discrimination. Discuss.
5. Worth H. Percivil, a mechanical engineer, was employed by General Motors (GM) for twenty-six years until he was discharged. At the time his employment was terminated, Percivil was head of GM’s Mechanical Development department. Percivil sued GM for wrongful discharge. He contends that he was discharged as a result of a conspiracy among his fellow executives to force him out of his employment because of his age; because he had legitimately complained about certain deceptive practices of GM; because he had refused to give the government false information although urged to do so by his superiors; and because he had, on the contrary, undertaken to correct certain alleged misrepresentations made to the government. GM claims that Percivil’s employment was terminable at the will of GM for any reason and with or without cause, provided that the discharge was not prohibited by statute. Has Percivil been wrongly discharged? Why or why not?
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.