Engineering Economics and Pollution Prevention1. You are working for a factory and have been asked to assess the economic impacts of implementing a new pollution prevention program at the factory. The factorymanagers required you to design the program so that the production from the factoryis not reduced by the pollution prevention program. Currently, the factory has anannual operation cost of $480,000/yr. It currently costs the factory $75,000 per yearto dispose of its waste. The plan that you developed will have an initial equipmentcost of $100,000. However, the result of your plan will reduce the annual operatingcost to $400,000/yr and the waste disposal cost to $30,000/yr.a. Assuming a constant discount rate of 7 percent, how long will it take the factoryto break even on their investment in your pollution prevention program?2. A metal plating operator is considering installing an ion exchange unit to recover and reuse metals currently lost in the rinse waters from the plating line. The companypresently pays a sewer usage fee of $4.00 per kg of metal sent to the sewagetreatment plant. The metal plater is currently discharging 1,000 kg/yr of metal to thesewer. The metal costs the company $120 per kilogram to purchase. The ionexchanger will recover 98 percent of this metal, and all of this recovered metal can bereused in the metal plating operation. The ion exchange unit will cost $50,000 topurchase and install and $12,000 per year to operate.a. What is the net cost or benefit of the project, assuming a discount rate of 10percent over 10 years (based on an expected equipment life of 10 years)?b. What is the payback period for the ion exchange unit?c. Based on your economic analysis, would you recommend that the ion exchangeunit should be installed to the metal plater? Why?d. Discuss how two other factors besides economics might influence the decision.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.