Below is an example of how the case brief must look like..Substantive Criminal LawCase Brief Format/Sample Case BriefRichard BRETON, Margaret Mary Breton, Plaintiffs, v.CENTRAL PACIFIC SUPPLY CORPORATION, Defendant. Hawaii Supreme Court (1986)Parties: [Parties to the case]Breton’s (Plaintiff) v. Central Pacific Supply Corporation (CPS) (Defendant)Facts: [Briefly state the relevant facts of the case that the court relied upon to reach their decision – normally 1-2 paragraphs]The Bretons are sought to cancel the Agreement of Sale of a leasehold interest and for damages. The Bretons alleged that CPS had breached the Agreement by defaulting on the payment due thereon and by vacating the premises.Prior Proceedings: [Briefly describe the circumstances that have occurred in the case to this point]This case was originally brought before the Land Court of the City and County of Honolulu, State of Hawaii. The land court, after the trial, found in favor of the Bretons against CPS. Thereafter, CPS filed a motion to set aside the findings of fact, conclusions of law and judgment, and to set the matter for a jury trial. The land court denied the motion.Issues Presented or Questions of Law: [What was the legal issue presented to the court?] Does the land court have jurisdiction over the subject matter?Arguments or Objectives of the Parties: [What were the arguments or objections presented to the court?]In answer to the Breton’s petition to cancel Agreement of Sale, one of CPS’s defenses was that the land court lacked jurisdiction over the subject matter. Therefore, any judgment rendered is invalid.Holding/Rule of Law: [What was the legal rule(s) or principle(s) the court applied to the case?]“The land court is a court of limited jurisdiction, created for a special purpose, that of carrying into effect what is known as the Torrens title scheme, derives all of its power from the statutes relating to it, and can exercise no power not found within those statutes.” The Bretons’ petition and CPS’s counterclaim both are breach of contract actions over which the land court does not have jurisdiction.Saint Leo Core Values Displayed: [Discuss the Saint Leo Core Value(s) that were displayed or violated by the key players in this case] The law enforcement officers violated the Saint Leo Core Values of Integrity and Respect when they violated the rights of the suspect by using excessive physical force at the time of the arrest.Rationale: [Explain the court’s reasoning in deciding the case]“The lack of jurisdiction over the subject matter cannot be waived by the parties.” If the parties do not raise the issue, a court will, …”Conclusion: [What was the final outcome/ruling in the case?]The judgment of the land court is void for lack of jurisdiction. The appeal is dismissed.**Note from instructor: **Most case briefs will be about 1-2 pages in length. For the purposes of your creating case briefs, this document will guide you to what information you will need to provide.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.