“Why Primark doesn’t do online shopping and secrets from inside budget chain? Many people have turned to online shopping since the coronavirus Covid-19 lockdown, but the popular highstreet giant Primark doesn’t give people that option Even though coronavirus lockdown means we can’t browse our favourite high street stores, that hasn’t stopped people from splashing out on a whole new loungewear wardrobe through online shopping.
The majority of stores are still delivering which means we can still treat ourselves if we need a little pickmeup, but one of the UK’s biggest chain is missing – Primark. The budget company doesn’t do online shopping at all, to the dismay of many fans during the pandemic – but why not? Primark lists its products online along with the prices, however you can’t actually buy it. John Bason, finance chief at parent company Associated British Foods, has previously explained why he didn’t want to start selling items online.
Speaking to the Mirror back in 2014, he said: “Look at a £2 T-shirt. Everyone think it’s clickety-click but one third of clothes get returned. “That means someone has to pick it up, someone has to deliver it, someone in the store has to take it, back, refold it. It doesn’t work at the lower price point.” By James Andrews Money Editor Zoe Forsey Lifestyle Editor 16 APR 2020.
You may find the information for Primark UK retailer online, in Keynotes in the Library, Company reports, cases online, and the financial press. The literature sources should be books, journals, refereed papers and appropriate online sources. You should find the sources of information that you will use to deliver the three assessment parts within the first four weeks of the course. This is important and failure to complete this task will jeopardise your performance on the module.
Buy high-quality essays & assignment writing as per particular university, high school or college by Best Writers
- Outline the essential components for ‘effective business operations management’ for Primark’s operation within the UK.
- Use a soft systems methodology to evaluate the issues Primark UK might face if they decide to introduce hybrid facilities to allow their customers to continue shopping in store, as well as ‘order goods online and have these delivered to the door’ to compete in the market place. Support your discussion with appropriate business operations and business process models
- You should compare and contrast different operations models used by the sector in which Primark UK operates and recommend appropriate solutions to continue being competitive in the market, make easier for customers to select and buy their products.
- Comparison of different solutions with costing and choose one solution to take forward with reasoning. Business process issues to consider: What are the main elements of the service concept, and are these of equal importance to all customers? What trade offs have had to be made in the design to deliver a quality service package to all of Primark’s customers.
- Keep in mind the nowadays enterprises’ sustainable operations expected by
consumers and other stakeholders in the UK society (keeping in mind the possible technological and environmental.
For the new system you should include Root Definition, CATWOE and produce a detailed “Rich Picture” (hand drawn) to fully illustrate your answer. Your rich picture must indicate the problems well as the solution.
By means of a Business Process Plan illustrate the changes including “AS IS” and “TO BE”. Brief explanations of both plans are required and support your discussions with relevant literature. You must follow the Business Process Management standards covered in the class. Part three is the implementation of the new process; failure not to include the BPP may result in marks not awarded for part three.
- Rich picture
- Root Definition
- Table for CATWOE
- “AS IS” process plan
- “TO BE” process plan
- Include these in the body of the assignment
Discuss how the Primark’s managers would turn performance objectives into operations priorities and the resources that would be necessary for effective implementation of the new process.
- This part should concentrate on the new solution only as discussed in part one and two.
- Analyse the resources required and costs for implementing the new process.
- Support your discussions with Performance Model, management of change etc.
Using a Balanced Scorecard, discuss how the business performance can be measured post implementation.
- Balanced Scorecard is to measure implementation performance for the new process only.
- Create Table for each prospective.
- Under each table use about. 100 words to support your data, reference for the sources etc.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Best Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.