Buy Early Childhood Special Education
Be sure to review the information I provided on Behavior Contracts in this module prior to beginning this assignment.
These will give you a good, basic overview of behavior contracts. The examples of behavior contracts in the readings are a variety of age groups and types of contracts (frequency and time based)-please read all of them since they each highlight different ways contracts can be written-no matter the age group.
Make sure you read the slide show on behavior contracts-just looking at the examples will not help you be successful with this assignment.
These are just examples-please remember that contracts can be designed differently depending on the age of the child, the type of behavior, and/or ease of use for the teacher and child (which varies depending on the grade level/class or schedule).
You should complete ALL the readings discussed above BEFORE you complete the graded assignment. If you only do the graded assignment, it will be difficult for you to do well on it. Not only are the skills in this assignment necessary to have to be an effective teacher, but they will assist you in your other assignments for this course and on the mid-term and final exams for this course.
The graded assignment:
Read the behavior contract below and then answer the questions.
Age: third grade
Target Behavior-stop hitting others
Goal: Instead of hitting, Gabriel will use words to tell others when he is frustrated or angry.
Reward: Every time Gabriel uses his words he will get a sticker on his chart. When he has 3 stickers, he can choose a prize from the prize box or choose a no homework pass.
Day of the Week
The chart will help the teacher know what days Gabriel earns each sticker, but he will earn his prize for every 3 no matter how quickly or slowly he earns them.
Now answer the questions below about this sample behavior contract:
1. Is the target behavior written appropriately? Tell why or why not.
2. Is the goal written appropriately? Tell why or why not.
3. Is this example of a time or a frequency behavior? How do you know?
4. Is the timing (to earn the reward) appropriate for a child this age? Why or why not?
5. Is the chart consistent with the type of contract this is? Why or why not?
6. If this were a behavior contract for a sixth grader, what would be 2 changes you should make to this contract? Be specific here. Do not change the behavior or the type of contract this is! You are changing components to make this more age appropriate-not changing the basic structure of the contract.
Make sure to fully answer each question, using college level writing and details. Do not discuss or add other issues into the questions-make sure to answer what the question is asking!
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.