The purpose of this assignment is to define and evaluate a security risk and measure the impact of the risk on a business organization.
Review one of the five security reports listed below and provided in the topic Resources. Your goal is to identify an interesting trend, such a high profile threat, the Internet of Things, medical devices, web hacks, etc. and write an executive summary explaining how the trend presents a risk within the industry associated with the selected security report.
“Security Threat Trends 2015”
“Worldwide Infrastructure Security Report – Volume XI”
“Internet Security Threat Report”
“2016 Trustwave Global Security Report”
“2016 Data Breach Investigations Report”
Write a 1,500-word executive summary that contains the following information.
Provide a summary of the threat trend.
Include graphs that depict the trend. You may include content form the report with appropriate citation and references.
Explain the threat and how it exploits vulnerabilities within an organization.
Identify the risk by detailing how exposed the organization is to the threat.
List several systems, resources, applications, or browsers that can be impacted.
Rate each system based on the likelihood and impact of the threat.
Provide a risk matrix that summarizes threat likelihood and impact.
Assign each system a value from the risk matrix to identify the risk posted to the organization.
Justify the risk matrix values.
Identify and measure the impact the identified threat can cause to an organization.
Explain how the threat can impact the organization and summarize the likelihood of occurrence.
Discuss the costs associated with the impact of the threat.
Identify appropriate countermeasures or information technology solutions that can be put into place to reduce, resolve, or manage the threat impact.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Course Materials if you need assistance.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.