- An embankment construction is planned for coastal protection. The characteristic geotechnical parameters of the embankment and the native soils as well as the cross-section of the slope are shown in Figure Q-1. A trial slip surface and rotation center for checking the slope stability are given in the figures. Calculate the safety factor (overdesign factor) of the unsupported excavated slope according to EC7 DA1 Combination 1 and 2 using the Simplified Bishop method.
- Assuming deep tension cracks occur at the top of the slope and that the scour protection is fully damaged (removed), re-calculate the safety factor using the most onerous EC7 combination. Explain the mechanism that leads to the change in slope stability. The hydrostatic force due to the tension crack can be considered to be a variable load. The tension crack depth can be estimated from the soil properties given.
- In the long term, it is anticipated that a rise in sea level and severe erosion will occur resulting in the deepening of the soil around the slope toe. Without going into the calculation, describe at least 3 potential measures that can be adopted to improve the embankment design.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Best Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.