Your Theory Here
Your professor’s name
Explain Your Chosen Theory
Identify the criminology theory you will be presenting and provide its explanation for criminal and deviant behavior.
You may need several slides to explain your theory.
Consider including images, graphics, or short video snippets in your presentation to increase audience engagement.
Your Selected Theory’s Strengths and Criticisms
What aspects of this theory have experts praised?
In what situations does this theory work especially well?
For example, does this theory work especially well with certain types of crimes or certain types of offenders?
What aspects of this theory have experts criticized?
In what situations does this theory not work as well?
For example, does this theory not work as well with certain types of crimes or certain types of offenders?
Major Theorists of Your Chosen Theory
Provide some history about your chosen theory:
Who developed it?
How had it changed/been refined over the years?
What other theorists have supported your chosen theory?
Your Chosen Theory in Action: Scenario
Use a real-life example that shows your theory in action in police work.
How would you briefly describe your scenario?
Your scenario needs to illustrate deviant or criminal behavior that police officers are likely to encounter as part of their regular duties.
Possible examples of scenarios include: shoplifting, vandalism, public drunkenness, and running a traffic light. You may use other examples. These are intended only to stimulate your thinking.
Use the work you did in your Week 3 discussion post and the feedback you received on it to further develop your scenario in your presentation.
Your Chosen Theory in Action: Motivation
How would your selected theory explain the motivation, or the why, behind the deviant or criminal behavior illustrated in your scenario?
How does a police officer’s understanding of the whys behind people’s behavior help him/her better serve people and the community?
Your Chosen Theory in Action: Possible Police Responses
What are at least two possible actions a police officer could take in response to the behavior in your scenario that align with your selected theory?
How do you anticipate the person would respond to a police officer acting in accordance with your chosen theory?
Contrasting Theory in Action: Motivation
How would a contrasting criminology theory explain the motivation, or the why, behind the deviant or criminal behavior illustrated in your scenario?
Contrasting Theory in Action: Possible Police Responses
What are at least two possible actions a police officer could take in response to the behavior in your scenario that align with this contrasting theory?
How do you anticipate the person would respond to a police officer acting in accordance with this contrasting theory?
De-escalation Techniques Consistent With Your Chosen Theory and Empathy Training
What are four to five recommended de-escalation techniques police officers could employ that are consistent with your chosen theory and empathy training?
Community Policing Strategies Consistent With Your Chosen Theory and Empathy Training
What are four to five recommended community policing strategies police departments could employ that are consistent with your chosen theory and empathy training?
What are the three to five core messages from your presentation that you want audience members to retain?
Please list all sources used to develop your presentation in SWS format.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.