In this assignment, students will analyze the current literature regarding the role of biochemistry in the creation of life on earth and explore the views of various scientists, experts on creation, theologians, and their own beliefs on how the earth was created while comparing them from the perspective of the Christian worldview.
In the book, A World from Dust: How the Periodic Table Shaped Life, biochemist Ben McFarland states, “Life is carried by a river made of chemistry that is pulled along, not by gravity, but by the predictable rules of chemical stability.”
After reading Chapter 1: Arsenic Life, explain in at least 250 words why McFarland believes that phosphorus is needed to make nucleic acids and why arsenic could not be a substitute for phosphorus in nucleic acids.
In Chapter 9: Cracked Open and Knit Together by Oxygen, McFarland details his thoughts on why there was an explosion in the number of fossil species found during the Cambrian period. In at least 250 words, explain what changes may have led to the “explosion” of species in the Cambrian period. Include your opinion as to whether these changes may have led to a dramatic increase in life during this time.
The Cambrian period in time is believed to have begun approximately 542 million years ago based on the abundance of the carbon-13 isotope. This period is characterized by a dramatic “explosion” in the number of different body plans that were found in the fossil record. The article “The Fossil Record of the Cambrian “Explosion”: Resolving the Tree of Life,” by Miller, discusses some of the controversies surrounding the Cambrian period. Read this article, and in at least 250 words, compare your viewpoints and beliefs on the creation of the earth with the viewpoints expressed by both Miller and McFarland about the Cambrian “explosion” events. Use supporting evidence from at least two other scientists, experts on creation, and/or theologians as you discuss why you agree or disagree with the viewpoints of the authors and compare these various viewpoints with biblical teachings from the perspective of the Christian worldview.
Attachments are attached for reading.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.