Due Date: 11:59 pm EST Sunday of Unit 3 Points: 7 Points
The Advocacy Action Plan (AAP) Guiding Framework is provided to help you organize your thoughts, plans and resources throughout this project. With this assignment, you will begin developing your Advocacy Action Plan (AAP). You will return to this framework (same document) in Unit 5 to complete Part 2. You will use the completed framework in Units 6 and 7 to write your final AAP Paper and create your videotaped presentation.
NAEYC Early Childhood Professional Preparation Standards As you prepare your AAP, reflect on how your ideas and strategies connect to the NAEYC standards and key elements listed below the assignment steps in bold. In the final AAP (due in Unit 7), you will be required to demonstrate your knowledge and application of the NAEYC standards. To help you get started: Advocacy Action Plan Tours! Throughout the course, guided tours are provided to help you understand and complete the four phases of this project.
• Unit 1: AAP Final Project Tour: Introduction and Phase 1
• Unit 3: AAP Final Project Tour: Phase 2
Unit 3 Instructions
Step 1: Identify an advocacy issue from the Children’s Defense Fund (CDF) State of America’s Children Fact Sheet for your state or a selected state.
• Read the CDF State of America’s Children Fact Sheet for your home state or another chosen state.
• Identify one issue for which you would like to advocate for young children from the 10 policy areas: Child Poverty, Income and Wealth Inequality, Housing and Homelessness, Child Hunger and Nutrition, Child Health, Early Childhood, Education, Child Welfare, Youth Justice, and Gun Violence. NAEYC Standard 2: Building Family and Community Relationships Key Element 2a. Knowing about and understanding diverse family and community characteristics.
CHS236 – Home, School, and Community
Unit 3 Assignment: Advocacy Action Plan Part 1
Step 2: Review the Strengthening Families Protective Factors Framework (Center for the Study of Social Policy) and consider which factor you will connect to your issue. The Strengthening Families Protective Factors are: 1) parental resilience, 2) social connections, 3) knowledge of parenting and child development, 4) concrete support in times of need, and 5) social and emotional competence of children.
NAEYC Standard 4: Using Developmentally Effective Approaches Key Element 4a. Understanding positive relationships and supportive interactions as the foundation of their work with young children.
Step 3: Use the Advocacy and Action Plan (AAP) Guiding Framework using bullet points (except for the title and reference slides) with the following items:
• Advocacy Issue: Write the issue(s) that you identified from the CDF State of
America’s Children Fact Sheet. Indicate your state and the statistic(s) related to
your advocacy issue. In a few words, explain why you have selected this issue
and the need to advocate for change.
• Protective Factor: Connect your advocacy issue to one (1) of the five
Strengthening Families Protective Factors. Identify and write the complete name
of the protective factor. In a few words, explain how it connects to your advocacy
• References: Using APA format, list all resources used.
Required References: Children’s Defense Fund State of America’s Children Fact Sheet and Center for the Study of Social Policy Strengthening Families Protective Factors Framework.
• Use specific details as instructed to complete Sections A through D.
• Submit the completed Part 1 of the AAP Guiding Framework in the Unit 3 Assignment submission link.
• You will receive written feedback from your instructor. Be sure to read the criteria below by which your work will be evaluated before you write and again after you write.
0 – 4 Points
Advocacy Issue NAEYC Standard Key Element 2a. Knowing about and understanding diverse family and community characteristics.
Identifies an advocacy issue from the Children’s Defense Fund (CDF) State of America’s Children Fact Sheet policy areas for a selected state. Includes statistics related to advocacy issue. Explains why issue was selected and the need to advocate for change.
0 – 2 Points
Strengthening Families Protective Factor NAEYC Standard Key Element 4a: Understanding positive relationships and supportive interactions as the foundation of their work with young children.
Identifies a Strengthening Families Protective Factor. Connects Protective Factor to the advocacy issue.
0 – 1 Point
APA References slide Includes APA formatted References
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.