Instructions: Read the article, Dealing with Difficult People, and review the resources on Nonviolent Communication (NVC) in the Week 4 module. Plan, organize, and practice your video content. Keep your video to four minutes or less while you address the following components:
- Briefly share an experience you have had with one of the “difficult” personalities outlined in article. The experience could be one in which you were directly involved, or one in which you were an observer. Ideally, your scenario will be from a clinical experience or healthcare-related employment; however, it could also be from your personal or family life. Please do not use actual names. Address the following components:
- Provide background to help set up the interaction you witnessed or were involved in. For instance, where did the interaction take place, who was involved, what precipitated the event, etc.
- Describe how the person behaved, using specifics from one of the “difficult” personality types in the article. What impact did the behavior have on those around them? How did others respond? Was the response constructive or harmful? Why?
- Using the principles of nonviolent communication outlined in this week’s resources, provide an example of a response to the difficult person using NVC language. Ensure that you identify and illustrate the steps outlined in the NVC process.
- Speak clearly.
- A well-rehearsed video is the key to success!
- Review the grading rubric so you are aware of how the points are allocated.
Communication Video Assignment Rubric
Four minutes or less
More than 4 minutes
Response completely addresses all five prompts: Provides background: who, what, where; describes behavior; classifies “difficult” personality type; discusses impact on others; describes and categorizes others’ response
Response addresses four of the prompts
Response addresses three of the prompts
Response addresses two of the prompts
Response addresses less than two of the prompts
Prompt #2: Example of NVC response
Observation step identified and illustrative response given; Feelings step identified and illustrative response given; Needs step identified and illustrative response given; Requests step identified and illustrative response given
Three of the steps identified with examples given
Two of the steps identified with examples given
One step identified with example given
No steps identified and/or no examples of responses given
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.