The courts usually do not concern themselves with the fairness of a bargain struck by contracting parties. But in some cases, if a contract is grossly unfair to an innocent party, the courts, in equity, will not enforce it. These are called unconscionable contracts and occur when one of the parties, being in a strong position, takes advantage of the other party. The stronger party convinces the other party to enter into a contract contrary to his or her well-being. Such agreements may violate public policy and may not be enforceable.
In the past, if you wanted a prescriiption for a certain medication you had to see a physician first. Today, it is possible to enter into a contract to obtain a prescriiption for, and order, many medications via the Internet without ever setting foot in a physician’s office. Contracting with a physician online to receive prescriiption drugs may be ill advised, but are such contracts unconscionable? Only a few court cases have addressed this issue and so far, no court has held that prescribing drugs online is unconscionable.
Compare and contrast procedural and substantive unconscionability. If the physicians are not deceptive, should the courts allow all types of medications to be prescribed over the Internet? Why or why not? Might the practice of prescribing medications via the Internet reach the point at which it “shocks the conscience” of the court? Do you think the courts, in the few cases that have been heard, should have held that the physician’s conduct and the resulting contracts were unconscionable?
Through writing this assignment, you will be responsible for using a minimum of 2 scholarly/peer-reviewed sources. Textbooks are not considered a scholarly/peer-reviewed source; however, they may still be included as a supplemental reference.
Your assignment is to be a minimum of 500 words. Going over the minimum page length requirement is acceptable; however, I am not looking for a 10+ page essay.
Be as thorough as possible when writing your assignment, and remember, this is an academic assignment, so no “text-talk,” no conversational tone, and ABOVE ALL OTHER THINGS… don’t plagiarize!! Lastly, spell-check and proofread your work! Failure to follow these steps will negatively impact
General APA Formatting Guidelines:
The assignment should have an APA title page and an APA reference page. The APA title page and APA reference page DO NOT count towards the minimum word count! Your body of work needs to be a minimum of 500 words. Note that an APA abstract page is NOT required!
Font Type: Times New Roman
Font Size: 12 point
Margins: 1 inch on all sides
Paragraph Indentation: Use the Tab key to indent all paragraphs one half-inch from the left margin
RECOMMENDED VIDEOS FOR A BETTER UNDERSTANDING
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.