(a) Consider two equal point charges separated by a distance d. If a third test charge is inserted at a point exactly midway between the two charges, what is the amount of net force the third charge would experience?
(b) State what happens when:-
i. Two like charges are brought into close proximity to each other. (2 marks)
ii. Two, unlike charges, are brought into close proximity to each other.
(c) State the units for resistivity and for current density.
(d) If the electric potential at a distance of 5cm from an isolated positive point charge is +100V, determine the magnitude of this charge. Use the given formula.
(e) A rectangular carbon block with its dimension is shown in Figure 1. Given the resistivity of carbon at 20°C is ρ=3.5×10-5Ωm, calculate the resistance measured between the two square ends. Use the given formula.
(f) A resistor has a resistance of 30Ω is connected across a battery of emf 8V. Determine:-
i. The current.
ii. The terminal voltage of the battery.
iii. The power delivered by the emf.
iv. The power delivered to the external resistance.
(a) A circular coil of radius 1cm has 200 turns. It is removed from a magnetic field of 2T at a time of 0.1s. The field direction is normal to the plane of the coil. i. What is the magnitude of the average voltage induced in the coil?
ii. If the coil is removed more slowly in a time of 1s, what is the magnitude of the voltage induced now?
(b) A conductor located at x = 0.5 m, y = 0, and 0 < z < 2.0 m carries a current of 6.0 A in the direction along the length of the conductor T. Find the torque about the z axis.
(c) The equation for the induced field can be written as, where is the induced field, is the velocity, and is the magnetic field. State the two conditions needed for the field to be induced.
(d) Explain briefly what Maxwell’s equations are used for.
(e) Give four applications of electromagnetic fields.
(f) Maxwell’s equation for Gauss’ law for electric fields is given by. Light is a form of electromagnetic wave and it also consists of photon particles, where they are no free charges.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.