Considerations for Authorship for Nursing DNP Students at NKU:
This discussion is based on the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) December 2019 Guidelines.
All persons designated as authors should qualify for authorship. The discussion of authorship should occur during the manuscript process. Consider the following
· Each author should have participated sufficiently in the work to take public responsibility for the content for (a) part of the content or (b) the whole of the content
· Authors should meet ALL four of the following criteria:
· 1. Substantial contributions to (a) conception or design; or (b) acquisition, analysis or interpretation of data; AND
· 2. Participate in (a) drafting the manuscript; or (b) critical revision of the manuscript for intellectual content; AND
· 3. Provide final approval of the version to be published; AND
· 4. Willing to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved.
· Participation solely in the acquisition of funding or the collection of data does not justify authorship.
· General supervision of the research group is not sufficient for authorship.
· Those who do not meet all four criteria should not be listed as authors but should be acknowledged. Appropriate credit for the contributions of other individuals to the work described in the publication should be made as an acknowledgment (with their permission).
Here is an example of a the Burkardt Consulting Center phrasing for an acknowledgement:
“Statistical analysis and interpretations were completed with the assistance of the Northern Kentucky University Burkardt Consulting Center (Highland Heights, KY).”
· Any part of an article critical to its main conclusions must be the responsibility of at least one author. If that author is a student, then the faculty mentor shares the responsibility.
· The lead author(s): The lead author(s) is that person(s) who assumes overall responsibility for the publication including: publication preparation, data review and editing, authorship assignment, certification of author participation and responsibility, and submission/communication of the publication. The lead author(s) must have contributed substantially to the overall effort, and will typically have conceived of the project outline, assembled the study team and, where relevant, supervised the conduct of the study. The lead author(s) is responsible for the integrity and originality of the publication as a whole. This responsibility includes: ensuring that reasonable care and effort have been taken to determine that all data are complete, accurate, reasonably interpreted and honestly presented; ensuring that appropriate credit is given for any quoted or paraphrased material
· Articles developed as the result of a NKU DNP Project, the student must be the primary author of the manuscripts, with content based on the project conducted primarily by the student.
· Nursing DNP Faculty are happy to assist in co-authoring your DNP Project manuscript for publication. We are eager to write and help you get your project manuscript ready for
publication. When these things occur, co-authorship is expected.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.