For this discussion, we consider how to counsel suffering clients. The class lectures, your textbooks, such as Neff & McMinn Chapter 1, all discuss the concept of suffering, lament, and factors guiding how we counsel those who are struggling with trauma and pain. In fact, a careful review of the materials in the Learn section indicates numerous concepts and principles that we could apply as we counsel those who are hurting.
Considering the numerous points that were made, make a list of at least 5 concepts (“questions to ask myself as I counsel those who are suffering. . . “) that you found particularly helpful, insightful, unique, or had not thought about before. What guidelines would you particularly emphasize as you counsel hurting people?
Then consider this client’s statement: Client: “Dr. Counselor, I have been coming to you now for six weeks. I am not sure that counseling is working. I don’t feel any better now than when we started talking. Why are you not helping to remove this pain that I am feeling?” If your client expects that you help to remove the suffering, how would you respond, based on what you learned from your study for the week?
Make sure to integrate appropriate concepts from the class sources, previous courses you may have taken, passages of Scripture that directly relate to the concept, or ethical considerations from the ACA Code of Ethics (2014) and cite correctly, per current APA format.
Please review the Discussion Assignment Instructions Download Discussion Assignment Instructions prior to posting. You may also click the three dots in the upper corner to Show Rubric.
DISCUSSION ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
The student will post a thread of at least 400 words. Student must support their assertions with at least 3 scholarly sources cited in current APA format, as well as integrating a Christian worldview with scriptural references.
Any sources cited must have been published within the last ten years. Acceptable sources include published books/textbooks and journal articles.
Students are also highly encouraged to include integrating a Christian worldview, ideally with Scriptural references.
Remember that all papers in this program follow current APA format and are written per APA
Professional (not APA student paper) standards. You are encouraged to write your posts in APA formatting, and then in this discussion assignment.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.