Analyzing Data for Instructional Decision Making
Report (3-6 pages) on overall class performance and on any two students in a class based on provided data(attached) and the correct choice of data analysis method. Triangulation of the data will help you decide to enrich, redirect, or provide remediation for students.
In this course we will explore data analysis strategies for generating findings from collected data. Arguably, a sound data analysis plan is the most crucial aspect of your research design if you analyze the data using the wrong strategies, you will generate inaccurate results. Data analysis can be quite laborious and time intensive, but identifying the right procedures and executing them properly will increase the chances that your findings are accurate.
Competency: Analyze student data to identify and address educational problems.
Analyze qualitative and quantitative data and triangulate data to pinpoint areas of strength and deficiency.
Identify strengths and deficiencies in overall class performance as supported through both quantitative and qualitative data.
Identify strengths and deficiencies in individual student performance as supported through both quantitative and qualitative data.
Explain additional instruction and resources, supported by the data, to enrich, redirect, and remediate the learning experience.
ScenarioThe following scenario is the background for your assessment and the data that is provided.
Your students (in a hypothetical eighth-grade geography class) took a test and completed a 3–5 page essay on the topic. Before your students can successfully move on to the next lesson within this unit, you have to determine what they need to do in order to achieve proficiency of the four standards below:
Standard 1: Describe how humans impact the environment and how the environment impacts humans.
Standard 2: Describe how to represent geographical information, such as spatial distributions and the location of places and their characteristics, in different graphic forms including large-scale and small-scale maps that use cartographic conventions.
Standard 3: Analyze the impact of geography on available resources and the impact of available resources on the quality of life.
Standard 4: Propose an actionable response to a geographical challenge and explain the expected outcomes of the proposed intervention.
Look carefully at the standards and the data to determine:
What gaps in knowledge are evident?Are student ready for enrichment (enhanced instruction and resources to extend learning) around the standards?Do students need remediation (additional instruction and resources) or redirection (additional guidance and resources)?AssessmentUse the data in the following resources as the basis for your assessment. Submit your assessment as one 3–6 page document.
Data for Assessment (attached)Triangulation Worksheet (attached)
Complete the following:
Analyze the performance data (qualitative and quantitative data) using the information provided information in the Data for Assessment resource above. When analyzing quantitative data, you can identify mean, mode, and median, or, if you are ready, you are welcome to do advanced statistical analysis to determine overall student performance based on learning standards, gaps in knowledge, areas of strength, and areas where enrichment, redirection, or remediation is warranted.When analyzing qualitative data, you will want to come up with labels for the narrative data based on the learning standards and then determine which students fall into that label/category.
Your analysis will result in a 1–2 page report on the overall class performance and a 1–2 page assessment performance report for any two students in the class.Your reports should include a rich narrative that refers to the criterion descriptors in the geography paper rubric, and you should consider percentage correct and/or stanine scores on individual standards and on overall achievement for each of the two students and for the class as a whole.
Triangulate the data to pinpoint areas of strengths and deficiencies. You may use the Triangulation Worksheet as an aide.Triangulate the data by identifying how the numerical (quantitative) and narrative (qualitative) data align (or not), and identify areas that need to be targeted to enrich, redirect, or provide remediation for students.
List and defend (via the data), in 1–2 pages, at least two decisions you will make in terms of further teaching and support (providing enrichment/extension of learning, remediation, redirection, additional resources, additional instruction, et cetera).
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.