Chapter a Securing Information Systems 333
Is the Equifax Hack the Worst Ever-and Why?
E quifax (along with TransUnion and Experian) is one of the three main U.S. credit bureaus, which maintain vast repositories of personal and financial data used by lenders to determine c redit-worthiness when consumers apply for a credit carel, mortgage, or other loans.
The company handles data on more than 820 million consumers and more than 91 million businesses world,·vide and manages a database with employee information from more than 7,100 employers, according to its website.
These data are provided by banks and other companies directly to Equifax and the other credit bureaus. Consumers have little choice over how credit bureaus collect and store their personal and financial data.
Equifax has more data on YOLl than just about anyone else. If any company needs airtight security for its information systems, it should be credit reporting bureaus such as Equifax. Unfortunately this has not been the case. On September 7, 201
CASE STUDY QUESTIONS
8-13 Identify and describe the security and control veaknesses discussed in this case.
8·14 What management, organization, and technology factors contributed to these problems·.’
8·15 Discuss the impact of the Equifax hack
8·16 How can future data breaches like this one bee prevented? Explain your answer
8-17 Describe three spoofing tactics employed in identity theft by using information systems.
8·18 Describe four reasons mobile devices used in business are difficult to secure.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.