Using the Tool Kit in the learning materials, describe from the set of criteria you will use to guide and determine the prioritization process upon community health assessment analysis.
Your initial posting should be 400 words in length and utilize at least one scholarly source other than the textbook.
Community Health Assessment Toolkit
Step 5: Prioritize Community Health Issues
Hospitals and community stakeholders go through a process to distinguish the most pressing community health needs based on the data collected. The identified priority health needs will be addressed through the implementation strategies.
Identify criteria for prioritization
Hospitals are at their discretion to develop prioritization criteria and processes. A set of criteria should be determined to guide the prioritization process. Typically, three to six priorities are selected, based on:
Magnitude of the problem
Severity of the problem
Need among vulnerable populations
Community’s capacity and willingness to act on the issue
Ability to have a measurable impact on the issue
Availability of hospital and community resources
Existing interventions focused on the issue
Whether the issue is a root cause of other problems
Trending health concerns in the community
Additional prioritization criteria can include:
The importance of each problem to community members
Evidence that an intervention can change the problem
Alignment with an organization’s existing priorities
Hospital’s ability to contribute finances and resources to address the health concern
Potential challenges or barriers to addressing the need
The opportunity to intervene at the prevention level
Select community health priorities
Priorities can be selected as part of an established process informed by contributing partners, including community stakeholders, health departments, social service agencies, policy makers and hospital leadership. Action steps to be considered are:
Select a prioritization committee – Members can be from hospitals, community stakeholder organizations and other organizations/institutions with specialized knowledge or constituents.
Discuss the data – Present the qualitative and quantitative data to the prioritization committee. Make sure that the data are presented in a format that is accessible for the individuals on the committee. Foster an environment for open dialogue to discuss the identified health needs thoroughly.
Review community assets – Reflect back on your asset map to identify what resources exist in your community to address the need. Take stock of what resources (staffing, in-kind, financial, etc.) in your hospital could potentially be leveraged to address that need.
Select priorities – Decide which approach you want to use to determine priority needs.
TECHNIQUESDESCRIPTIONMulti-voting techniqueDecide on priorities by agreeing or disagreeing in group discussions and continuing process/rounds until a final list is developed.Strategy listsDetermine if the health needs are of “high or low importance” by placing an emphasis on problems whose solutions have maximum impact, with the possibility of limited resources.Nominal group techniqueRate health problems from 1 to 10 through group discussion.Hanlon methodList those health needs viewed as priorities based on baseline data, numeric values and feasibility factors.Prioritization matrixWeigh and rank multiple criteria for prioritization with numeric values to determine health needs with high importance.
Build consensus around priority needs – If you select priorities that vary from community recommendations, justify the reasons for making those choices. Consider the consequences of not addressing an issue and how that can affect the community’s well-being in the future. In the case of overlapping health needs, consider consolidating into a single priority.
Validate selected priorities – Conduct discussion groups with members of your hospital’s steering committee and community members for additional input. Make sure the selected priority needs align with hospital and community sentiment.
Present priorities to senior leadership and the hospital’s board of trustees for approval – Align your hospital’s population health management strategy with the community health priorities.
Describe which needs were not prioritized
It may not be possible to address all community health needs at once. If there are significant needs that are not prioritized or will not be addressed, you should be able to describe what the needs are and why you have chosen not to address them.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.