this is a peer discussion reply be kind ( maykel)talk the highlights topics of the peer discussion send me plagiarism report less 7%this is a diacussion peer :Screening refers to the procedures of conducting tests on a group of individuals to determine the people who have symptoms of a particular disease and those who do not have the symptoms. This is a significant operation in the health care industry because it enables the relevant professionals to separate people with a certain disease from those with good health status. Several types of screening use special equipment and procedures in consideration of the patients. There are various merits and demerits which are accompanied by the screening procedures. This essay aims to explain the advantages and demerits of screening.Advantage of ScreeningScreening greatly helps in identifying the underlying issues. Screening is mainly used to identify an underlying problem that is suspected due to the displayed symptoms. Certain health issues may be present but are not yet fully realized in someone. This mainly happens when someone has perfect health but experiences certain changes in the body which do not have a large effect on the physiological operations (Nura, 2022). Screening enables one to identify what is the underlying problem which is portrayed by the arising symptoms.A great advantage of conducting screening is that it enables early detection of diseases. It significantly minimizes the mortality rate and enhances the lifespan of individuals. Screening enables one to detect a certain disorder or chronic disease at an early stage; this leads to early treatment of the situation and ensures quick patient recovery (Nura, 2022). Early disease detection influences positive outcomes in the situation; more complications that could have occurred at a later stage are approached early enough. Early detection of a problem and early treatment before further complications relieve the individuals of the cost of treatment that would have been incurred at a later stage.Screening significantly helps in relieving anxiety in individuals. Screening enables one to know if there is a serious problem that may affect the health status or if there is sound health in the body. Determination of whether there is a certain problem or not enables one to live a stress-free life and focus on other great things (Nura, 2022). This mainly happens in the case of a hereditary disease that is passed on to generations.Disadvantages of screeningEven though screening is known to reassure one of the health statuses or detect a certain issue early enough, the testing has certain demerits. One of the disadvantages is the cost incurred during the screening process; this is a disadvantage in the case where there is no serious health problem (Sharecare, 2022). This shows that the process was not significant compared to the cost incurred.It is known that screening helps detect disease and early treatment early. However, it is not guaranteed that every early disease detection results in early treatment and positive outcomes (Sharecare, 2022). An example is prostate cancer; a disease detected when a patient is screened. Screening and realization of prostate cancer have been seen to be insignificant in helping men enhance their life span compared to those who have not been screened.ReferencesSharecare. (2022). What are the disadvantages of being screened for a disease? https://www.sharecare.com/health/health-screening-wellness/what-disadvantages-being-screened-diseaseNura. (2022, May 11). Ten reasons why regular health screening is important. https://nura.in/cpw/10-reasons-why-regular-health-screening-is-important/
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.