1. [6pts] Given a five-year, 8% coupon bond with a face value of $1,000 and coupon payments made annually:
a. [1.5pts] What is the bond value if it is trading at the yield of 6%?
b. [1.5pts] What is the bond value if it is trading at the yield of 8%?
c. [1.5pts] What is the bond value if it is trading at the yield of 10%?
d. [1.5pts] Comment on the price and yield relation you observe. What are the percentage changes in value when the yield goes from 6% to 8% and when it goes from 8% to 10%?
2. [4pts] Suppose an investor bought a 10-year, 10% annual coupon bond at par (face value of $1,000 and paying coupons annually) and then sold it 3.5 years later at a yield of 8%.
a. [1pts] What is the full price?
b. [2pts] What is the accrued interest the investor would receive when he sold the bond? (Use a 30/360-day count convention)
c. [1pts] What is the clean price?
3. [6pts] A zero-coupon Treasury bill maturing in 150 days is trading at $98 per $100 face value. Determine the following rates for the T-bill:
a. [2pts] Dealer’s annual discount yield? (use 360-day count convention)
b. [2pts] Yield to maturity? (Use an actual 365-day count convention)
c. [2pts] Logarithmic return (use an actual 365-day count convention)
4. [4pts] Calculate both Macaulay and modified durations of the eight-year, 8.5% coupon bond given a flat yield curve at 10%.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.