Topic: Financial accounting research report
In June 2022, Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) issued the following media release:22-124MR ASIC highlights focus areas for 30 June 2022 reporting where they focused on Asset value and impairment testing.The link to the media release is provided below:22-124MR ASIC highlights focus areas for 30 June 2022 reporting | ASIC – AustralianSecurities and Investments Commission (If the above link is not working, copy the link and paste it in the browser.)In the 22-124MR, ASIC raised concerns about the assessments of the recoverability of the carrying values of assets, including goodwill and property, plant and equipment.You were lucky to get an internship with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission’s (ASIC) Financial Reporting Surveillance Program that aims to improve the quality of financial reporting by reviewing the annual financial reports of a selection of listed companies and other significant entities, to monitor compliance with the Corporations Act and Australian Accounting Standards.The Head of the Financial Reporting Surveillance Program (your boss for the time of your internship), Zachary King*, plans for the next review round to focus on the quality of financial information in the annual reports of listed companies to ensure that asset values are appropriately reflected and disclosed in these companies’ latest annual reports. For preliminary research into this matter, he asks you to provide a report which highlights the current compliance with AASB136 Impairment of Assets by one listed company in this regard.For this, you must research into a listed ASX300 company of your choice and write a report addressing the following:a. A critical analysis of some of the complexities and key issues involved in impairment testing especially in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. In your analysis, you can refer to one or more publications issued by the ‘Big 4’ firms, accounting professional bodies or academic journals. (10 marks)b. Provide a detailed explanation of the impairment write-down(s) made by your chosen company in the year ended 30 June 2021. Your explanation should include a discussion of:i. the asset/s that were impaired;ii. the type of estimations required to record the impairment;iii. the amount of the impairment write-down; andiv. relevant disclosures in the 30 June 2021 financial report in relation to impairment testing. (15 marks)c. Based on your findings in part b, discuss how the treatments and disclosures for impairment for the year ended 30 June 2021 meet the fundamental characteristics of financial reporting as per the Conceptual Framework? (15 marks)You need to attach a copy of the relevant parts of the annual report showing the disclosures made by the company for asset values and impairment. Do not attach the entire annual report.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.