Q U E S T I O N S
1. Discuss the validity and effect of each of the following:
a. A, B, and C, manufacturers of stereos, orally agree that due to the disastrous, cutthroat competition in the market, they will establish a reasonable price to charge their purchasers.
b. D, E, F, and G, newspaper publishers, agree not to charge their customers more than $0.30 per newspaper.
c. H, a distiller of liquor, and I, H’s retail distributor,agree that I should charge a price of $5 per bottle.
2. Discuss the validity of the following:
a. A territorial allocation agreement between two manufacturers of the same type of products, whereby neither will sell its products in the area allocated to the other.
b. An agreement between manufacturer and distributor not to sell a dealer a particular product or parts necessary for repair of the product.
3. Universal Video sells 40 percent of the video recording equipment in the United States. One-half of Universal’s sales is to Giant Retailer, a company that possesses 50 percent of the retail market. Giant seeks (a) to obtain an exclusive dealing arrangement with Universal or (b) to acquire Universal. Advise Giant as to the validity of its alternatives.
4. Z sells cameras to A, B, C, and D for $110 per camera. Y, one of Z’s competitors, sells a comparable camera to A for $101.50. Z, in response to this competitive pressure from Y, lowers its price to A to $101.50. B, C, and D insist that Z lower its price to them to $101.50, but Z refuses. B, C, and D sue Z for unlawful price discrimination. Decision? Would your answer differ if Z reduced its price to A to $100? Explain.
5. Discount is a discount appliance chain store that continually sells goods at a price below manufacturers’ suggested retail prices. A, B, and C, the three largest manufacturers of appliances, agree that unless Discount ceases its discount pricing, they will no longer sell to Discount. Discount refuses, and A, B, and C refuse to sell to Discount. Discount contends that A, B, and C are in violation of antitrust law. Explain whether Discount is correct.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.