1.Gooddecade manufactures and sells automobile parts throughout the eastern United States. Among its full- time employees are 220 fourteen- and fifteen-year-olds. These teenagers are employed throughout the company and are paid an hourly wage rate of $5 per hour. Discuss the legality of this arrangement.
2. Janet, a twenty-year-old woman, applied for a position driving a truck for Federal Trucking, Inc. Janet, who is 50400 tall and weighs 135 pounds, was denied the job because the company requires that all employees be at least 50600 tall and weigh at least 150 pounds. Federal justifies this requirement on the basis that its drivers frequently are forced to move heavy loads when making pickups and deliveries. Janet brings a cause of action. Has Federal Trucking violated the Civil Rights Act? Explain.
3. N.I.S. promoted John, a forty-two-year-old employee, to a foreman’s position while passing over James, a fifty- eight-year-old employee. N.I.S. told James that he was too old for the job and that the company preferred to have a younger man in the position. Discuss whether James will succeed if he brings a cause of action.
4. Anthony was employed as a forklift operator for Blackburn Construction Company. While on the job, Anthony operated the forklift in a careless manner and in direct violation of Blackburn’s procedure manual. As a result, he caused himself severe injury. Blackburn denies liability based on Anthony’s (a) gross negligence, (b) disobedience of the procedure manual, and (c) written waiver of liability. Can Anthony recover for his injury? Explain.
5. Hazelwood School District, located in Sleepy Hollow Township, is being sued by several teachers who applied for teaching positions within the school district but wererejected. The plaintiffs, who are all African American, produce the following evidence: a. 1.8 percent of the Hazelwood School District’s certified teachers are African American, whereas15.4 percent of the certified teachers in Sleepy Hollow Township are African American; andb. the hiring decisions by Hazelwood School District are based solely on subjective criteria. Will the plaintiffs prevail? Explain
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.