Experimental Procedures, Results and Discussion
Write an Experimental Procedures, Results, and Discussion sections for labs 6 and 7 in the format of Journal of Biological Chemistry (JBC). This should include details such that an experienced biochemist could reproduce the experiments from the kinetics and inhibition experiments you performed. Also, be sure to discuss the data as though you’re convincing someone of the significance of what you’ve done. Treat this as novel research that you want to publish. Like before, find a JBC article that includes enzyme kinetics and/or enzyme inhibition to help guide you. Be sure to include either the printed article or cite the article with your report. In addition, I want you to include a Supporting Information section where you will show sample calculations from your report. This will be less formal and can be in any format you like as long as if it is clearly labeled and easy to read (typed or written).
What should be included in the paper?
All details for performing the experiments performed in Lab 6 and 7 (enzyme kinetics and inhibition, respectively)
Results: (make sure to label all figures, graphs, and tables as seen in publication)
From Lab 6
o Prepare a figure with your graphs from the experiment.
Graph 1: Michaelis plot for the WT and mutant enzyme.
Graph 2: Lineweaver-Burk plot for the WT and mutant enzyme
o Table showing x-intercept from Lineweaver-Burk, y-intercept from Lineweaver-Burk, KM, Vmax, and turnover number for both enzymes. (see table example below)
mutant ( )
x-intercept from LB
y-intercept from LB
From Lab 7
o Michaelis-Menton graphs for sodium phosphate and L-phenylalanine inhibition (separate graph for each, new line for each concentration)
o Lineweaver-Burk for sodium phosphate and L-phenylalanine inhibition (separate graph for each, new line for each concentration).
o Table showing Km, Vmax, turnover and Ki for all samples tested (see table example below)
100 µM NaPO4
500 µM NaPO4
1 mM L-Phe
5 mM L-Phe
Discussion: (this is not a limited list- be sure to discuss all the important findings of your experiments)
Discuss your data in terms of the effect that the mutation may have had on activity
Discuss types of inhibition and differences of Ki between the different inhibitors. For example:
o Based on your data and your knowledge of the enzyme, what kind of inhibitor is NaPO4?
o Based on your data and your knowledge of the enzyme, what kind of inhibitor is L-phenylalanine?
In addition, please show a sample calculation for the following:
o Conversion of the initial rate in absorbance/second to concentration/second.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.