The three-store memory theory—an earlier theory of memory—suggested that memory moved from sensory experience to a temporary store in the brain. Once there, if attended to, it would be transferred to a short-term memory store. If entered into a process called “rehearsal,” this short-term memory would enter long-term storage.
The levels-of-processing theory of memory came into being in part as an answer to the three-story theory. Rather than focusing on the notions of storage and rehearsal, this theory emphasized the role of process in the development of long-term memory. Theorists suggested that memories are formed inherently through the cognitive processes used to absorb information.
In this Discussion, you describe and analyze an occasion of long-term memory loss that you experienced. You then explain how to improve long-term memory function.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post a brief description of an example of long-term memory loss that you have experienced. Then explain your long-term memory loss within the context of the three-store memory theory and levels of processing memory theory. Finally, explain strategies you might use to improve your long-term memory function.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.