Each week, you will be asked to respond to the prompt or prompts in the discussion forum. Your initial post should be 75-150 words in length and is due on Sunday. By Tuesday, you should respond to two additional posts from your peers.
Juvenile Life Without Parole
The Roper v Simmons case took the death penalty off the table for juveniles. However, the Graham v Florida and Miller v Alabama cases left the door open for discretionary sentences of life without parole for juveniles with capital offenses. For this week’s discussion forum, view the “Juvenile Life Without Parole” Point/Counterpoint videos in Revel and research the issue or question of life sentences for juveniles. The following cases may help you find additional information using the website of the Supreme Court of the United States:
Miller v. Alabama (No. 10-9646)
Jackson v. Hobbs (No. 10-9647)
Graham v. Florida (No. 08-7412)
Roper v. Simmons (No. 03-633)
You might also find the following articles helpful which you can find through the Grantham Library:
Epstein, R. (2007). The myth of the teen brain. Scientific American Mind, 18(2), pp. 56-64.
Morse, S. J. (2005). Brain overclaim syndrome and criminal responsibility: A diagnostic note. Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law, 3, 397-412 at p. 409.
In your discussion, respond to the following two prompts:
Describe if you think there is sufficient scientific evidence to prove that juveniles have not formed the capacity to know right from wrong.
Describe under what circumstances would you agree with a sentence of life without parole for a juvenile.
The links provided in this handout may help you find additional information: W7 Discussion Links
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL - NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.