Before you post to the discussion, read about the German-speaking cities and regions in Europe in this week’s Learning Material (Lesson) and view the following videos:
Rick Steves´ Europe: Berlin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK5Ku1YtUKY
Rick Steves´ Europe: Vienna https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfT7P9Vdq7o&t=37s
Rick Steves´ Europe: Switzerland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH5rjywpRSs
Note: Because Rick Steves is an American, he pronounces the cities with an American accent. Just note that how he says them is not the German pronunciation. Example: Bern – Click on the play sound icons to listen.
For this forum, consider the places in the world where German is spoken today, including the ones discussed in our Lessons. Choose one place that interests you. Pick a city or region in Germany, Austria, or Liechtenstein, or locate a German-speaking area or city in Switzerland, Belgium, or Luxembourg, and elsewhere such as Gdansk (Danzig) Poland. (Remember, your research is not on the country of Switzerland, Belgium, or Luxembourg but rather on the German-speaking population in one of those countries so if Dutch, Flemish, or another language is spoken that is not German.) Discuss at least three important elements of that city or region. Do a little research on the place of interest.
Consider the following questions:
– What was your initial impression or stereotype of this culture before our Lesson?
– What other languages are spoken there?
– What sort of government exists?
– For what are they famous? What kind of art, architecture, and literature do they produce?
– What else new did you learn about this place?
Include some images (insert NOT attach), maps, sounds, and videos to illustrate and enliven your post.
Cite and fully reference all your sources, including images, with the Author, Title & Date, include links, and put quotes around direct information that you borrow. Images also require copyright permission if they are not Creative Commons licensed or Public Domain. For all your German and other foreign language references and citations, you should be using the MLA Style format.
Read your peers´ posts to enrich your understanding of the German-speaking world. Respond to your peers in order to engage in a discussion of these places, cultures, and peoples.
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.