The article is “A Randomized Trial Comparing the Effect ofNicotine Versus Placebo Electronic Cigaretteson Smoking Reduction Among Young AdultSmokersTuo-Yen Tseng MA1, Jamie S. Ostroff PhD2, Alena Campo BS1,Meghan Gerard MPA1, Thomas Kirchner PhD1,3, John Rotrosen MD4,Donna Shelley MD, MPH1”Instructions/Grading Rubric for Reaction PapersTo facilitate your learning of addiction science, you will read original research reports andwrite reaction papers. Each paper should be at least one but no more than two double-spaced pageslong (Times New Roman or Arial, 12-point font, 1-inch margins). Each paper should be a thoughtfulresponse that: 1) includes a brief description of the main points of the paper, 2) reflects that you haveread and thought about the entire article, not simply skimmed the abstract, and 3) presents your ownopinions and reactions, incorporating relevant material from the course (e.g., the textbook, classlectures & discussion). Grammar and writing quality will be considered in the grading of your paper.Please submit your reaction papers electronically.Papers submitted after the deadline (11:59 PM on the due date) will not be scored inaccordance with the late submission policy stated in the course syllabus. Students are welcome, evenencouraged, to submit their papers early.The purpose of the summary paper is for you to demonstrate your ability to independentlyevaluate and analyze a peer-reviewed, primary-source research report. Be sure to write in your ownwords, as this is the best way to convey your understanding and thoughts. Do not use direct quotes!Use of direct quotes will result in significant point deductions. Strong papers will: succinctlystate the study aims/hypotheses, briefly describe the key elements of the research design, andsummarize the main study findings. Please note, you are not required to report on all aspects of thestudy design nor is it necessary to report every individual result from a study. Instead, identify anddescribe key aspects of the research method and main results, as you understand them.Your paper also should provide a concise interpretation of those findings in the context ofstrengths/weaknesses of particular relevance to the study aims. For example, simply stating alongitudinal design is a strength of the study will not be sufficient unless a detailed explanation forthe particular value of studying the phenomenon in question over time is provided. Similarly, statingthat a small sample size limits generalizability will not be sufficient unless a case is made for whythe specific sample studied may differ from other samples based on the methods used.A rubric for how summary papers will be evaluated and graded is provided below. Pleasenote that points are assigned not only based on whether an element is addressed, but largely onhow well they are completed.You may consider this as a checklist or guide as you write yourpaper.Points Excellent Poor AbsentIs the aim/purpose of the selected study clearlystated? 2 (2) (1) (0)Does the paper identify and describe the mainresearch design elements? 4 (4) (1) (0)Are the key findings of the study reportedaccurately and appropriately? 5 (5) (1) (0)Are the study results interpreted in light of thestudy strengths/weaknesses? 4 (4) (1) (0)Are the study results discussed in the larger contextof themes/concepts from the course moregenerally?4 (4) (1) (0)Does the writing style allow for easyunderstanding/comprehension? Are grammaticalerrors/typos absent and/or kept to a minimum?Proper and adequate use of punctuation?6 (6) (2) (0)
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.