When working with clients, there are times when a counsellor’s personal values
create challenges in their ability to work ethically.
From the case list provided on Moodle, you are asked to identify which two clients would be most difficult for you to work with. For each case, please ensure you address the following three sub-headings.
1. Values and Values Conflict
- Briefly identify why values are relevant for counsellors.
- Describe the values conflict that has been presented with the client by self-identifying which core/personal values are being challenged.
- Critically analyse/reflect on why this case would be difficult as a counsellor
from a personal perspective given the values conflict that has been presented in the chosen case/s.
2. Potential Ethical Risks and Implications
- Identify the potential ethical risks and implications (e.g., risks for the client and yourself as a counselor) that could occur if you were not able to appropriately manage the value conflict.
- Consider whether there are any conflicts between your own personal values and those of the profession (as outlined in Codes of Ethics).
3. Practical Strategies
Describe some practical strategies you would implement that could help prevent or limit the impact of the values conflict and ensure ethical practice with the chosen client/s.
You should make it clear how these strategies will effectively contribute to
ethical practice. The chosen strategies may be used during the counseling session or outside
1. The essay demonstrates insightful personal self-reflection on the student’s own core values, with emphasis on those values relevant ethically in the selected case/s
2. The essay demonstrates deep and critical awareness of how the student’s own personal values may impact (or even disrupt) the counseling process. Relevant ethical implications for the client are identified
3. Suggestions are made for responding to the values conflict and related ethical issues. The suggestions are relevant, ethically appropriate, and linked to available literature
4. A selection of at least six relevant and recent journal articles are considered with an integrated, critical discussion of these provided where appropriate.
5. Presentation, mechanics & clarity. The work is concise (not exceeding word length), uses clear expression, and is well organized with the required subheadings. Literature sources are cited consistently and correctly using APA (7th Ed) formatting.
You have been provided with two ethical dilemmas in the unit guide. You are to
work through both cases using the ethical decision-making model of Steinman, Richardson, and McEnroe (1998). Use the following sub-headings to ensure that all steps are taken to reach a satisfactory decision. See the marking criteria (unit guide) for further detail on each element. 1500-2000 words for each case, 4000 maximum total
- Identify the ethical issue/s
- Ethical trap possibilities
- Preliminary response
- Possible consequences
- Ethical resolution
Part B: self-reflection
- Which aspect/s of this dilemma do you anticipate would be the most challenging for you to deal with? Why?
What makes a good assignment?
- Addressing all criteria to a high standard
- Demonstrating ethical knowledge and insightful self-reflection when required
- Consistent referencing using APA (6th ed)
- Sub headings to guide the marker
- Clear, concise points and effective use of paragraphing.
- Assessment feedback will be provided
- 15 working days of submission
- 20 working days following submission.
Only letter grades (not marks) are provided to students during the semester for
completed assessment tasks. Final grades are released to students on the
date of the official publication of results by the University, following the Board of Examiners meeting.
Buy high-quality essays & assignment writing as per particular university, high school or college by Best Writers
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL – NO PLAGIARISM
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
About Our Service
We are an online academic writing company that connects talented freelance writers with students in need of their services. Unlike other writing companies, our team is made up of native English speakers from countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand.
- At ClassicWritersBay.com, most of our writers are degree-holding native speakers of English who are familiar with various writing styles. Our writers are proficient in many fields, including Economics, Business, Accounting, Finance, Medicine, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematics, Statistics, and many others.
- Making our customers happy is an important part of our service. So do not be surprised if you get your paper well before the deadline!
- We pay a lot of attention to ensuring that you get excellent customer service. You can contact our Customer Support Representatives 24/7. When you order from us, you can even track the progress of your paper as it is being written!
- We are attentive to the needs of our customers. Therefore, we follow all your instructions carefully so that you can get the best paper possible.
- It matters to us who writes for you, and we are serious about selecting the best candidates.
- Our writers are always learning something new, so they are familiar with the latest developments in the scientific world and can write papers with updated information and the latest findings.
- Quality original papers that follow your instructions carefully.
- On time delivery – you get the paper before the specified deadline.
- Attentive Customer Support Representatives available 24/7.
- Complete confidentiality – we do not share you details or papers with anybody else.